Thread: corvette MC & E250 brake cylinder bleed

Blog Entries

Default corvette MC & E250 brake cylinder bleed

OK ... I need help. I installed new brake cylinders. I have stainless lines and a vette MC. All have been on the truck for sometime except the new E250 cylinders.

Bled the MC because it was dry. Fluid was flowing great from the MC at bleed time. The bled the two rear. No matter what I try I can't get fluid to flow to the front. I disconnected one of the lines from the new left front cylinder thinking maybe the piston was locked ... and still no fluid.

Thought I might have a hydrolic lock (too much fluid) or something because the peddle is tight and no longer goes to the floor. So I took off the cap to the MC and drained some fluid and pumped the brakes. Rear well fluid did go up so I figure that was it. That fluid had nowhere to go until now. Nope. Front well doesn't move ... still no fluid. I read online that the piston might have extended all the way to one side???? And that it may need to be recentered ... any idea what or how to do that???

MORE: after reducing the fluid I can feel the rod moving in and out and the rear brakes are pumping. Front just doesnt move anything.
    Last edited by teking; November 26th, 2017 at 04:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by teking View Post
    I read online that the piston might have extended all the way to one side???? And that it may need to be recentered ... any idea what or how to do that???
    I've never heard of that... but that doesn't mean much. A lot of stuff I know nothing about. More every day...

Not getting any air or anything at the wheel cylinders when you loosen the bleed screws?

Just for funsies, because it is so much fun, if you think it's a M/C problem you could pull it back off and disassemble it. See if anything looks jacked up in there.

Pull the cap off the master and look at the little bitty hole at the firewall end of the master cylinder reservoir. Have someone sloooooowwwwwwllllllly push the brake pedal or use a stick and do it yourself while watching that hole. Can you see the piston go forward and all the way back? Or is it moving forward, but not all the way back?

Mine was doing that. Not going back far enough to let more fluid into the system. Same master as you. Adjust pedal free play or take master apart and clean all the goo out of it so the piston can have full travel again.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

Blog Entries

I'll give that a look. After grinding back plates to redo ALL my wheel cylinders and putting on new brake shoes I'm in NO mood to chase down a MC problem. I may just buy a new one and go from there. Kinda ed off

Quote Originally Posted by Barrman View Post
    Pull the cap off the master and look at the little bitty hole at the firewall end of the master cylinder reservoir. Have someone sloooooowwwwwwllllllly push the brake pedal or use a stick and do it yourself while watching that hole. Can you see the piston go forward and all the way back? Or is it moving forward, but not all the way back?

Mine was doing that. Not going back far enough to let more fluid into the system. Same master as you. Adjust pedal free play or take master apart and clean all the goo out of it so the piston can have full travel again.
    I saw a new one do the same recently. The little fill hole was never uncovered.