Thread: Battery Acid Problem

Default Battery Acid Problem

well, a few weeks ago i took the cover off my battery box and noticed that one of my batteries was cracked and it leaked acid all over the inside of the box. I took the batteries out and vacuumed the big chunks of "corrosion" out of the box. next i wiped out what i could with a rag and baking soda and water then rinsed the whole thing with the baking soda solution. I came back home the next week to find the acid stuff all over the drivers side floor of my truck and eating the seat mounts etc. Mixed up some more baking soda and wiped/ rinsed it again until it was dry. i came home again this week and it's back on the floor. any tips for getting rid of the white battery acid powdery stuff? i thought about mixing a huge batch of baking soda and water and rinsing it very thoroughly but i don't want the water to carry it into places i can't clean it up adn keep an eye on it. any ideas? perhaps the terminal cleaner spray stuff they sell? Thanks for the help!

Make a watery paste with the baking soda, liberally apply it to everything, open the doors, and wash it out with a hose. All stock M715 parts are completely waterproof. Lots of baking soda and lots of water is the only way to get it clean. Just hose it down and mop up any water on the floor that didn't drain out.

--Randy

Ditto...been there...well in a car anyway...
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

Lots of baking soda. Now not later. Otherwise you won't have a floor left. I have a truck that had the same problem only they PO didn't take care of the acid. Not there is lots of holes where the acid ate the metal away.