Thread: M715 Rifle / Carbine Mount

Does anybody know of a source for a vertical rifle / carbine mount for the M715? I think there is one that mounts somewhere on the transmission hub.

Default M715 Rifle / Carbine Mount

It is behind the driver seat in the corner on the 715s. I don't have a pic of this, anyone else?
    This post is closed-captioned for the hearing impaired.

I bought one of these. Haven't installed it yet and it lists for another application.

http://armysurpluswarehouse.com/cate...ry=28&start=16

The latch part looks the same. The butt stock holder is square. My stock one is rounded . Somebody posted the difference on the old board several months ago. Maybe they will clear the air again.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

There is no difference in the round stock holder and the square one. Just an older design on the round one. Works with an M16/M14 just fine.
    Not much to mounting them either. If you got the kit then you should have everything you need to mount it. It goes behind the seats one on each side.
    Joe
    Zone holster maker

Default Chevy or Ford?

I have a manual TM 9-2320-244-34P, thanks to Dave Kane . The same one that is in the online manuals to the left. On page 335, figure 112 there is a diagram of a round bottom mount that attaches to stepped bracket that mounts on the passenger side floor board. There is a stock holder (catch assebly,rifle) bolted to the dash left of the glovebox. The manual shows Federal Stock #2590-045-9610 for the top and FSN 5310-761-6882 for the oval base and funky bracket.... I've only seen the catch assembly and rectangle base for the rear rifle mount on eBay.... Mr. Pale Rider is referring the the front mount.

Incidently, the manual does not show the mount behing the seat, even though on page 334 there is a diagram of all the storage straps at the rear of the cab. :

My truck had a rectangle base behind the drivers seat and the same catch assembly mounted just below the top of the cab... I've been looking for the front one too (you could even see where it had once been) but I can only find the square base(no bracket) and the stock clamp part (for the back).

So it makes sense to me that the one behind the drivers seat was the driver's rifle and the passenger kept his upfront....so instead of riding "shotgun" like the cops do 8) ....a right front passenger in the military rides "rifle"....... doesn't have the same ring to it though.

Fred, if you find 'em let me know too.
    Mine just keeps getting taken further apart.

Maybe it\'s all the beer.

Default Support The Troops!

Quote Originally Posted by GTOPAZ
    Fred, if you find 'em let me know too.
    Will do, bud!

The picture below demonstrates how I want my rifle to be held by the mount that I'm looking for. But, the rack that I'm looking for mounts up front of the seats, in a central area between the driver and passenger, so that both the driver and passenger can reach their weapons unhindered.

The rack that I saw some time ago was military issue and it held two rifles / carbines. I don't believe that it was lockable, but, that's not a problem.