Thread: wanting to buy a M715!

Default wanting to buy a M715!

So i have always wanted a M715 or a M37 since I was a kid and finally a time has arrived when i can get the cooler of the two, the M715! So I have been reading up on here as much as possible but I still would love some solid help so I am not guessing. First some background information, I am 21 and I have a JKU i love to work on it and the vehicles before this one i worked on as much as possible! I love learning about vehicles and learning how to fix them! My knowledge is slowly growing but because I always end up getting a somewhat newer car as my driver I never really have a chance to work on something and really get it apart and really learn about the hard stuff. I have installed lift kits lights other knit bit items and I have done your typical tune ups and gasket changes but that is as extensive as my knowledge gets. What all do I need to know? When I go look at the M715 I am looking at what should I look for? I have a relatively good list so far but I would like to clarify! Anything in particular? My plans for the truck are to make it drivable for whenever I decide i would like to drive it but not a DD for a while, eventually drop a diesel in it! But for now just learn. The one I am looking at was a in service fire department truck up too 3 years ago where the current owner bought it from. Only thing not stock is an electric fuel pump, heater, and wiper blades. Everything else is stock. No rust except for the cross member/support on the under side of the bed has a little that ate through, no other spots I can tell from many pictures. The spray they used on the under carriage is either relatively new or it held up incredible well because the majority of it looks nicer than my brothers 2001 tacoma under carriage! The inside is also well maintained and nothing has been butchered, no pinholes or any rust in there also. It comes with a hardtop. The paint is only chipping near the bed rail tops and there is only one dent on the whole truck that is actually noticeable from what the owner says and I can see in pictures. Also almost brand new tires, the wirings system is, "the cleanest I have ever seen, whoever installed this took there time and even braided the wires!" The vehicle needs more pressure than your big toe to stop but doesn't need but more than going half way down and the owner says he drives it once to work a week for a total of 40 miles a week, cruises right at 45 the whole time, sometimes 50. Oh and that only thing it leaks is brake fluid if you let it sit for about 3 months and its not much. Thats about everything I can remember. Did i forget to ask anything? What else should I ask about or to see? Sorry this is so long! And for whoever might respond thank you for your help I really appreciate it! thanks guys!

The truck you are looking at sounds good. Especially since he drives it regularly.

Besides taking a look at the underside for rust, take a look at the floor behind the seat.

Good luck with your search
    Thanks, George
    Joshua 24:15

I am about 45 min from owensboro. I have 3 715s one is parts one drives after i fix thed wheel cylinder and one winch truck. I have no time and would like to get rid them for what i have in them. if i had time i would have one stock wich truck and one mod with oil burrner was my plans. plans change I have all the fixings even a set of rockwells. IF your other deal falls though your close come check them out if u want.

Quote Originally Posted by Duce View Post
    I am about 45 min from owensboro. I have 3 715s one is parts one drives after i fix thed wheel cylinder and one winch truck. I have no time and would like to get rid them for what i have in them. if i had time i would have one stock wich truck and one mod with oil burrner was my plans. plans change I have all the fixings even a set of rockwells. IF your other deal falls though your close come check them out if u want.
    Ok! Thank you, feel free to post some pictures! If anything I might just need some expertise or parts if that would be ok, especially if this deal goes through! If not you might be hearing from me! How is the condition of your nicest m715?

The truck sounds rather solid. You seemed to have covered the main concerns. These trucks are a learning experience in progress. It really never ends. I've had mine for almost 10 years now and I still have to ask questions here on the site. I can assure you that you will receive great information, because your questions or problems have been someone else's before. Mine are usually electrical questions.
    What was the price on the new truck, and does it have a clear title? (very important). Good luck in your quest for an M715. They truly are special.
    militarypotts Spec/4 Military Police, Vietnam Era, "Does the noise in my head bother you? Welcome to the Twilight Zone!"

picts wont post for me. My nices truck has a few dings and needs a breek cylinder replaced. some green paint insted of the yellow the fire department painted it. runs great. If i get time it will get the bed off the partstruck cus the tailgat is on it and its just a hair nicer. the winch off the winch truck heater kit out of one of them or the civi one i bought before i got the other tucks.
    but working 72 hr &7 nights a week 3 kids and wife. Lets just say after little progress in the last few years I am rady to admit its nt going to happen.
    I got my trucks right and could finish them or part them out an make out very well but that takes time and two of them are a to way to nice to part out. I would like to finish started lots of love and dreams involved . since dont think i will i wold rather them go to home that will. For no more I think i have in them. Total I think thats about beween 6200 and 6500 but didnt keep track of all I bough . never planed to sale them. IF someone cole wanted them all. I would regret it but sale them I would

There is a really nice one for sale on eBay right now
    Also comes with a M101 trailer
    1967 M715 WO/W
    m38a1 1953
    m101a1 trailer