Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Got heat!

fishtail,

If you can have Blower decals made to look like just like the one shown in the factory manual picture, I want a few! Gladly pay for your effort!

Its just a matter of matching the font and the border size. My dash on my m726 has the intact decal, so I'll bring that right in to the place.

Scott
    '67 M715 '67 M725 '69 M726 (x2)

"it's cheap and you get all you can shove in your pie-hole" --Kozmo 12-10-13

Anybody have any idea how much could be salvaged out of a J10.
    Do all 725s come standard with heaters?kk
    1967 M715 WO/W
    m38a1 1953
    m101a1 trailer

The heater in the patient compartment is standard issue, it is a gasoline fueled heater.

The personnel heater for the cab was not standard.

Scott
    '67 M715 '67 M725 '69 M726 (x2)

"it's cheap and you get all you can shove in your pie-hole" --Kozmo 12-10-13

Quote Originally Posted by fishtail View Post
    Its just a matter of matching the font and the border size. My dash on my m726 has the intact decal, so I'll bring that right in to the place.

Scott
    Was the decal ever made?
    Jonnie

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnie View Post
    Was the decal ever made?
    Not that I know of.

I would like to have a few.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Cavey View Post
    Gosh, I am for sure behind the 8-Ball. My truck is a factory no heater model. I often thought it would be nice to have one. But I know how scarce those items are and they are getting even more scarce. I will live in Florida but we do have cool mornings.

Hmmmm.....
    If you can stand a measure of inauthenticity, Don, just get a take-out J-truck heater, and swap out the motor, or add a resistor to the circuit. My heater cost almost as much as the hose to plumb it in.

The J truck heater swaps right in...note that the blower motor as mentioned above needs a resistor or needs to be swapped for a 24 volt unit. The other thing to watch is that the early year ones...some of the 60's units for sure but not sure when it changed, are cable operated. Many are vacuum operated and you would need the vacuum switching to make it work...real late ones are even electrically operated...I would steer clear of those.
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

Quote Originally Posted by brute4c View Post
    The J truck heater swaps right in...note that the blower motor as mentioned above needs a resistor or needs to be swapped for a 24 volt unit. The other thing to watch is that the early year ones...some of the 60's units for sure but not sure when it changed, are cable operated. Many are vacuum operated and you would need the vacuum switching to make it work...real late ones are even electrically operated...I would steer clear of those.
    Forgot to mention that, Jon-- we had to add actuator cables to the '74 we used.

On the vacuum operated units, why couldn’t you fabricate parts to make it accept the cables? I don’t think it would be too difficult.