Thread: A futile effort in blood pressure reduction

Default A futile effort in blood pressure reduction

Well, first post....been lurking a bit and reading a LOT. I have always wanted a M715 and finally was able to obtain one. A good friend describe them so well..."brutally beautiful." I have been working and building up my '79 CJ7 and have learned SOOOOO much, but in no ways am I an expert. So many times I had to redo many items 2x or more due to my mistakes. Now that I have my own wonderful beast, I hope to not make mistakes....too much.

I was able to trade my '46 CJ2A project for a '67 M715 in very good condition with a hard top. I have since cleaned it up a lot and vacated a huge wasp nest that was in the driver's seat. I picked up a 14B 10.5" rear and have it partially installed at this time. Have pulled the front clip off and hood in preparation for the motor to be pulled and prep for an LT1 motor to go in. So much to do, so little time and even less money.

Loaded up and coming home!

14B 10.5"

New (to me) LT1 donor motor

Front Clip removed

So far, my blood pressure hasn't even come close to lowering, but every time I step back and look at the truck a hug smile comes on my face.

Welcome

Looks like a solid start, whats the plan for it?

Mistakes happen to us all. We all started at zero and errors are just a learning event.
    Lots of experience on this board and most people like to help, just ask.

I can't tell you that having a 715 has helped my blood pressure but I sure do enjoy driving one.

Paul
    1967 M715 7.3 diesel 5spd ...

Thank you, Paul for the welcome. My plan is to swap out the motor to a 5.7 LT1 and axles for a D60/14B combo. I would like to run 39-40" tires of the 13.50 wide flavor on 16" rims. I have read some desenting posts about keeping the original tranny/trans with a 5.7 fuel injected set up, but that is what I'm going to have to go with until funds get better. I want to run 4.56 gears, but will have to swap out carriers on most that I find and gears due to them normally being 4.10. Looking at swapping out the springs with GM 3500 one, but want to get all of the axles in and mounted to see how it set and where the shocks will have to be mounted.

The rear 14B axle mounted straight up to the rear and didn't have to do any moving of the spring perches. I am going to have to move the shock mounts, but want to get all the axles mounted first before I start striking any sparks.

I'm going to get it moving on it's own before I make some of the other fine tune adjustments. Will keep the drum rear brakes if I can, upgrade the drive shafts as needed and have a blast with it. I will eventually spray it with Shoreline Tan Raptor Liner on the outside and black in the bed. Really want to take the front grill guard off and install a Rhino grill insert, but will just see how it goes.