Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do to your 715 today?

Hum, grinding 1/16th or 1/8th on those crossmembers sounds like a good idea. After you do that you could also take piece of bike tire intertube and somehow glue it to the radiator or the cross member to further protect it against rubbing incase the frame flexes alittle bit if you take it offroading. Just a thought.

Last night I did alittle more work on my floor pans. I sanded the whole cab floor down on Monday and sprayed rust converter in the hard to reach areas in an effort to treat any surface rust I couldn't get to with the wire wheel.

Then last night I put 3 coats (2 thin and 1 thick) of self etching primer on everything that's going to be coated with herculiner. This was probably alittle overkill but I figured it would give the herculiner something nice to stick to since I did some welding and rust converter and some spots still had stock paint on it. Next step is applying the actual herculiner which I can't wait to do.

I also took the winch off last night and removed the PTO shaft. I really wanted to rebuild it even though the previous owner said it worked fine but now I'm thinking I might sell it so I can buy a cummins for it. Plus I'm kind of scared to operate the PTO winch because I've never used one and have heard bad things can happen if you don't know what your doing. Anyone interested in the winch? Ill sell the winch, frame extensions with bumper attached, all winch mount flanges, the pto shaft, in-cab pto shift handle and linkage and pretty much whatever else goes to the winch.

Oh also, look what my buddy thought of. I wonder how many 6-packs you could fit in there. Haha

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
    Oh also, look what my buddy thought of. I wonder how many 6-packs you could fit in there. Haha

Last picture was funny and brought back some old memories. This is exactly what we use to do in the motorpool when we were out in the field, and needed to transport beer out to a bivoac site. As Bob Hope used to say "Thanks for the memories".
    militarypotts Spec/4 Military Police, Vietnam Era, "Does the noise in my head bother you? Welcome to the Twilight Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by Tyson View Post

Ahhh, Woodchuck! Great stuff and it is available on tap at the Green Turtle, 14 S. 3rd St, Fernandina Beach, Florida...

What did I do to my M715 today? Well with the nice weather, I drove it all day. Put around 70 miles on it running around today.
    Dave
    Delta Team Decals: http://www.deltateamdecals.com/

Yeah woodchuck is one of my favorites during snowboard season. Since apparently mother nature skipped spring and it is now summer, me and my garage buddies had to finish up the last 6pack in the fridge. There were a few magic hat #9's mixed in there too.

Got the herculiner on the floor last night. It looks awesome but I didn't have time to snap any pix cuz I had to hurry home for my birthday diner and I was running late. Ill try to get some this weekend.

Oh and I also (by accident) decided to test how strong craftsman tool boxes are when I went to pull my truck in the garage. I had forgotten where I put it and almost drove right over it. Haha guess this gives me a reason to buy a new nicer tool box.
    Hay I tested one of my brand new echo trim saws the same way several years back. Didn't understand it!! You can drop them from 50' plus mutipal times but use them as a wheel chalk once and they arnt even much good for parts??

Quote Originally Posted by Duce View Post
    Oh and I also (by accident) decided to test how strong craftsman tool boxes are when I went to pull my truck in the garage...

I don't know which is worse. What happened to your too box or when I forgot to move the drain oil pan from under one of my cars years ago. When I drove over the pan, quite a mess was spread all over the alley. And, the oil pan was rendered somewhat useless (except for recycle which wasn't happening then).

Darn!

Today, the only thing I did to my truck was check the radiator fluid and oil levels, took the soft top off and went for a drive!

I most sincerely hope everyone is having as much fun with their truck as I am with mine!
    Thanks for all the help!

I don't know if I'll ever get tired of driving the truck down the street. The looks, the stares, the pure pleasure I get from being behind the wheel is, well, priceless! For me, summer takes on a whole new meaning when you own one. Kyken, I think we're on the same page.
    militarypotts Spec/4 Military Police, Vietnam Era, "Does the noise in my head bother you? Welcome to the Twilight Zone!"