Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: New to this Forum and M715 Ownership

Noticed that your front grill guard is different also. Looks like you have the extra hood piece that was found on the Wagoneers and J-trucks of that era. That would be the reason for the grill change. Interesting truck.

I didn't notice the hood. I wonder if the E1 version was going to be version for the civilian market or just use more civy parts on the truck.

Sorry, been busy today and didnt get to it...will do on Thursday.
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

Here are some more photos

Here is the dash plate shows a shipped date of 1970

Here is a closeup of the grille guard - it looks like a factory modification - the only reason that I could see for it was to leave the trim piece on the hood.

Another shot of the grille guard

Note the tabs on the Grille Panel - I thought it was nissing a piece but according to the parts manual nothing else bolted to the front of the grille

Some more pics,

The underside of the hood. Looks like original since the gov. registration number is still on it. The blackout light holes are missing but the area is rough and rusted so it looks like they may have been welded shut by the fire department.

The front of the hood at the grille guard - it looks like if the guard was not modified it would have hit the hood trim piece in the center.

A shot of the drivers side firewall

the tabs on your front valence are due to the grill change jeep did to the J trucks about 1970. Those tabs are for the new style "razor" grill to bolt to. Obviously they just pulled it off the line and didnt use those tabs. hmmmmm, very interesting truck you have there. That was about the end of the production line for that engine as well. The data plate looks hand engraved, while all the other ones Ive seen to date are stamped with a machine

Also, looks like a solenoid on th?e drivers-side firewall. Is it a solenoid? Does that go to the starter or somewhere else?

Can you take a pic of the transmission and transfer case?

Here is the rear of the truck. I have removed the added on tailights and replaced them with the original military version. Still missing the blackout stoplight on the right. Jeepster body sitting on top of the bed is a future project. I have run out of room in my shop so have had to resort to stacking things vertically.

Here is a shot of the cab. Note that the parking brake lever is different than what is shown in the parts manuals. Passenger seat also is different.

Here is a shot of the battery box. It appears to be original. The batteries would have to be less than 6" wide to fit.

Another shot of the cab. The three silver knobs at the top of the dash appear to be added. Oil pressure gauge is also not original. No sign of the parking brake lever by the Transfer case levers.

Here is a shot showing my passenger window issue. Rollup glass is about an inch shorter than the fixed glass and fits nicely with top frame. Fixed glass frames are too high for the top frame. Not sure which parts are correct and which are wrong.

A closeup of the transfer case shift levers. No sign of a parking brake lever ever being here.

PTO Lever and parking brake lever.

Seats appear to be of similar construction but passenger seat is not consistent with what is shown in the parts manuals.

A few more pictures

Another shot of the dash plate.

Front Dif and engine oil pan.

Power takeoff

Electric fuel pump mounted on Tool box enclosure

I believe that the push button on the lower left part of the dash may be an add-on.

Transfer case

Right rear corner of truck.

Rear Dif.

A continental 226 bolts to the stock trans??? Didnt they put that motor in the WD Allis Chalmers tractors and combines??