Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 282930313233343536373839 LastLast

Thread: What did you do to your 715 today?

Quote Originally Posted by Flingarrows View Post
    Pretty cool Don!

Thanks, it really, really feels good to drive and hear the transfer case whine. It brings back those memories from over 40 years ago.

Painted and mounted my new Jerry can holder, set the rivets for two data plates (I have no talent in this area, apparently), changed oil & filter (used Amsoil 15/40), installed a set of Champion RL87YC plugs because I mistook the chamfer at the top of the spark plug hole for a taper seat (Mr. Cavey was right).

Next on the list is repacking the front wheel bearings and changing the really spongy hose behind the distributor.

I figured my brakes were much tougher to apply than they should be, so I tried a different vacuum port on the carb and Viola! What a difference it makes to be able to lock up all 4 wheels. Even drove around topless in the rain today cause it was fun. Not so much with the windscreen down though.

Replaced the bypass hose at the thermostat housing, and the hose below the fuel pump. Replacing that hose was a hateful 45-minute battle.

I thought about the 3 I had the research, recoveries half way across the country. I don't regret selling them. I was not doing anything with them and there were not getting into any better shape sitting in the yard. I got 2x what I had in them enjoyed my running one and learned a lot.. that said I have caught myself thinking about making an offer on one I know of sitting only 60 miles away, watching every mv sight for a nice running m 35, m37, duce, mule, 101 etc. The sickness must be like what a drunk or addict feels always that pull. Then I realize I have more pressing responsibilities getting the farm ready to move to. And finding a tractor mechanic for my 65 IH424.
    O well some day.

I went out Sunday and started it for the first time all winter, fired right up. When we finally get a stretch of clear weather it's going to get some attention.
    I got a new clutch linkage ball and socket to change, and I found that the vacuum advance from a 69 Dodge Charger has the same mounting as the civi 230 distributor Got to get the old out one out and compare the arms, try to get something working.

Started straightening the DS fender flares on the 725 with a hammer and 10' 2x4/ prybar...Put the Chevy Dana 60 back up on the sawhorses for reassembly to go into the 715.
    Is that real money?

Added the axe and mounting the shovel today ..and just drove it 👍🏻... completely stock and original... except for the tyres the original ones finally fell to bits ... it's a 1968 cheers mick

Finished repacking the front hubs.

I will never again attempt this without grinding a chamfer into the top of the seal bore.

Default Replaced Dual Master

Finally got to replace my leaking dual master today. I forgot how difficult it is to get to those rear wheel cylinder bleeder valves. Easiest is to jack the rear up on the frame to open the top wheel well space. You can gain 9" making it easy to get your head in there from the top over the tire. Used the new vacuum bleeder for the first time. Should have bought one years ago!
    SFC, HQ,129th Sig Co, PAARNG, Vietnam Era