Thread: T98 rear seal

Default T98 rear seal

G'day does anyone know off hand what the numbers are for the T98 rear yoke seal and also the the front and rear diff pinion seals ... just want to purchase before I pull them .... thanks in advance I did do a search but couldn't find much cheers mick

I found a post on the old post in the archive from 2001...

T98 Rear main Seal: # JV734
    (not sure if that is the yoke seal or not, doesnt say)

I think AB Linn has the front and rear axle pinion seals...may have the trans seal as well...
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

If not (I called AB Linn a month or so ago about a brake part, and he said he has very few 715 parts these days), Novak has T98 parts. novakadapt.com

I believe the pinion seals are one of those common parts, shared by Dana 60's and 70's, all years. I believe. Maybe. Could be. ... Pretty sure.

I replaced my rear pinion seal about 6 months ago. Just tried to find it in my usual purchase histories to verify and couldn't. Pretty sure I picked it up at O'Reilly's and picked a random, mid 90's Dodge Cummins application so as not to confuse the kid.
    It went in and it isn't leaking.

Spicer part # 42449

I just swapped yokes between a 200 and 202 ( well not just, but the last time that I worked on my truck last fall). I believe that they are common sized
    Thanks, George
    Joshua 24:15

Hi sorry for the late reply ..great help as usual thanks everyone 👍🏻...I replaced the T98 rear output seal ..it was a bigger job than I thought but finally got it back together ... I also found the 2 bolts that go into the back of the gearbox loose and gear oil leaking from them ..I replaced them and used some loctite and sealant on them..(thanks to this site again for that info )..bolts where 3/8 and about 7/8s long ...

The seal I got was a was a CR 15655...1.563 ID x2.502 OD .313W

Cheers mick

Those bolts do love to get loose...pulled a couple stumps for a guy one time and then noticed I was leaking gear oil...found the bolt in his yard after it fell out...threads were worn enough to look bad. Did what you did, new bolts and locktite.
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!