Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finally brought her home!!

Default Finally brought her home!!

Hey all, Zach from PA here. I've been dreaming of this truck for years since I found it in a barn on a buddy's farm. He's always danced with the idea of selling it but never would. He's married and starting a new business now so he finally gave me the opportunity. I was up at 7 this morning ready to grab her!

I'd love to find out any more info on this truck. I'm told it started in Montana, moved to New York, then Maryland, and finally hauled to PA. It was a Fire Company truck at one point. I can read Montgomery County on the painted over sticker on the door.

Supposedly the guy my buddy got it off of started to restore the truck for his son but couldn't covert the kid from tuner cars. It's a 68, has a targetmaster SBC swapped into it, and the frame down has already been restored. Think I got a good deal too, 1500$ with a title.

Anyone from the northeast know anything about this truck? I know it's a long shot.

Anyway here she is in all her glory as I loaded her onto the trailer this morning.

Looks nice! And you have the winch crossmember bolted in already.

Quote Originally Posted by oddave View Post
    This is how I picked it up, could you elaborate? Is that not the original bumper mount?

Congratulations. That was a good price. Looks like you're off to a great start.

Quote Originally Posted by oddave View Post
    Check your data plate on the dash. It should say M715 W/WN which means, "With Winch".

Here is the parts blowup. #13 is the winch crossmember.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Cavey View Post
    Check your data plate on the dash. It should say M715 W/WN which means, "With Winch".

Here is the parts blowup. #13 is the winch crossmember.

Ohh alright, would that have not been there originally?

if it was a winch truck, it would have it...
    if it wasnt a winch truck, it wouldnt...

nice looking ride...GREAT price....
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

As others have said, yes, it is a nice truck. For a stock guy like myself, it appears to be very original with the setup for a winch. You also have the framework for the canvas top. My truck was missing that and I had to buy it.

Did you get any other parts like the winch etc.? It would be easy to convert back to a WO/WN truck by removing that winch mounting cross member (#13). You may also have the PTO on the transfer case and drive shaft for the winch under the truck as well. If you choose to NOT have a winch, you might sell them here on our site in the Classified section. Some guys are always looking for "winch" parts (not to be confused with wench parts ).

More pictures, please!

Took a few more shots today. Identification plate was a dead giveaway! (Side Note, title says this is a 1968, plate says 4/67, what year is it?) I never got a winch with the truck, but I now know it's supposed to have one. Looks like some of the driveshaft for the winch is still there out of the transfer case. I don't know if the 305 will be in the way if I wanted to put a winch back on there. Guess it's something I could do down the road.

There aren't seats in it at the moment but my buddy has some Deuce seats that should fit alright.

Also, I assume with the SBC in there that it'll be a 12v system now. Looks like the front lights may have been swapped out for that reason.

Data plate says that it is a 1967 truck but that is no matter. Kaiser Jeep made them in 1967, 1968 & 1969. Please make sure you register your VIN with our Administrator. (http://www.m715zone.com/vb/view.php?pg=vin_registry)

Two things indicate that it came from the factory with a winch. "W/WN" and the winch data plate to the right of the factory data plate. You should also have a lever on the transmission hump next to the driver seat. That operates the PTO to engage the winch.

Of course, if you decide to go without a winch (very easy and much, much less expensive!), you can just remove that winch mounting cross member.

Nice truck, thanks for sharing the pictures.