Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Member - Hi!

Thank you all for the helpful info and the pictures of the wrench. I actually found a "new" wrench that looks just like the one in the photos on eBay, but actually got an open ended wrench I grinded down to work well.

Now to see how well this atf+acetone mix works in loosing up the engine!

The ATF/acetone mix is a bad mama jama for loosening stuff up. Should work fine. I use it all the time. Had some pistons stuck in an old 351W I picked up for nothing. Let em sit for a day and they came loose(ish).. still had to pound them out with a mallet. It'd been sitting out in the open for years.

Have you tried moving the engine with a big screw driver on the flywheel?

I just learned about that bad mama jama characteristic yesterday while cleaning up a 230 valve cover: the old black paint on it loosened & fell right off after a spray of acetone out of a Sure Shot. Saved me hours of stripping & scraping.

I'll bet it performs miracles on stuck engines.

I haven't tried prying on the flywheel yet. I am going to wait for about a week or so and then either have someone get in and dump the clutch while it's rolling or jack the back end up and try and rock the wheels back and forth. I'm hoping it isn't too bad. The hood was down when I picked it up and under the hood seemed pretty well shielded from rain/weather.

Quote Originally Posted by Large View Post
    I haven't tried prying on the flywheel yet. ...
    And make sure you are in 4th gear, high range.

Does anyone know if the autolite 2407 plugs have been discontinued? I'm trying to locate some, and have called napa, oreily's, Jeg's, and it sounds like they are no longer available.

Check this out:

https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/ASP2407

I got NAPA to get them from the warehouse. It took less than a week and they showed that there were many in stock. They shipped them to my NAPA store in Ellicott City, MD.

Ask your NAPA store to get the ASP24047 plug. And, let us know how you made out, Please.

Thanks Don! I'll try visiting the Napa stores nearby and hopefully I'll have some luck. I also called AB Linn today and he sells the 2344 plugs at $10 a piece but I was hoping to get the shorter ones.

Welcome to our site. You'll love it here, as it appears you already do.
    Actually, I myself have been away for awhile. No special reason, just a little lull in my being part of this fine group. My truck is still a huge part of my life.
    I'd like to say hello to all the members past and present.
    militarypotts Spec/4 Military Police, Vietnam Era, "Does the noise in my head bother you? Welcome to the Twilight Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by militarypotts View Post
    Welcome to our site. You'll love it here, as it appears you already do.
    Actually, I myself have been away for awhile. No special reason, just a little lull in my being part of this fine group. My truck is still a huge part of my life.
    I'd like to say hello to all the members past and present.
    Thank you for the welcome!

Also, in case anyone is interested, I called several Napa stores in our area and each store told me that they could not get the Autolite 2407 plug anymore. Apparently the were showing zero stock although they could pull up the number.