Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: spare tire mount rear attaching pic

I have been looking for a spare tire carrier for my truck but have been unsuceesful in locating one. Do the Civvy trucks of the same era have the same carrier. I walked through J&W's salvage yard looking at full size Jeeps and I did see some carriers that were the same design but they looked too short. I was thinking if I could find two of them I could cut a section out of one to lengthen the other. Didn't mean to hijack the thread but when I saw the pic it reminded me of it.

Tom

The 63-70 J300/J3000 Civi. trucks have the same carrier. The M715 frame is based off the 126" wheel base J300/J3000 frame.
    1963 J300/1971 J2000/1983 J10

if you look long enough you will find one on here, I have gotten every hard to find item I needed by watching the boards, wanted posts etc.

Duane

Hey Duane...there is a pretty good picture of a tire mounted in this manual towards the bottom.

http://www.m715zone.com/vb/view.php?pg=24_m715_body
    Thanks for all the help!

Here are a few more I took with my iPhone the other morning.

Overview:

Rear attachment point, looking down the little tube they give you to stick a tire iron into to lift the whole unit up and down to give a little leverage:

Another view of the rear attachment point - looks like you don't have to undo the bolt all the way - just enough to get it to slide out the slot:

Forward looking view of the front hinge:

Side/Rearward looking view of the front hinge... it's welded on to the crossmember.

Side view of the hanger itself, showing the little hump that's supposed to keep the tire from sliding around:

The peace that carries the threat is a part spot welde into the rear cross member. Mine decided to forget its welding spots and therfore I had to weld something the frame with the propper thread for the bolt. It is hanging on the right side of the rear cross member beside the trailer hitch. So the pis of the pic of brute4c is not correct for the rear mounting.
    Wolf