Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pilot Bearing removal....

Brute4c,
    If it all fails, go to ANY reputable machine shop in your area, with some dimensions and they should be able to turn a bushing out of bearing bronze very quickly and inexpensively. Heck, if I had the material, I would do it myself at work in 10 minutes

Have you tried going to your local automotive parts place and ordering a pilot bushing for a 65 J200 with the 230 engine? It could be as easy as that...

Someone posted before that they tried several automotive places and all of them had the same part...which was too small to fit the input shaft...ID was too small...so guessing thats not gona do it...there is one decent machine shop...guy probably can work me one...good idea!!
    brute4c
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

Default M715 and parts

If they give you a hard time, get me the material and some dimensions, and I'll machine it for you.

Brute, this has happened before. Someone on the old board had the same problem with memphis equip. and if I remember correctly the post had an update with the solution. It was probably a year ago so you may have to fire up the way-back machine to find it.

OK....I'll see if I can figure out how to do that...the old board dont work for me either right now...
    brute4c
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

Too late now, but a bolt with the threads ground back about 1/4 inch to get them started and a 1/2" drive impact wrench and appropriate socket has always sucked them right out, just find a tight fitting bolt. No tap necessary, the bushing is plenty soft enough to get started.

I have had zero luck buying parts for my 230, I think it is much easier and less frustrating to install a small block. Better get after it though, I drove mine in on a six and out with a V8 in 21 days, could have beat that considerable, but life does have other demands. Glen
    Proud owner of two 1968 M0715 trucks....
    Maybe they own me....or soon will!