Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GM 6.2L Diesel question

Ether can be good, but make sure you dont use it on an engine that has glow plugs. Our teacher showed us an engine where a couple of students used ether, not knowing that the glow plugs would egnite it. After the explosion the head bolts had been stretched more than an inch.

Email Barry (Moderator M1028) he should have the CUCV answer for you. You could test the voltage at the starter and that should tell you. It may be easier to drop the starter down and then get some of the small wires. Granted, it's not the most harness friendly thing to do, but if ya can't wedge in to do it the other way what choice to you have.

Doug, my deuce, with duals, SUCKS in wet grass or snow if the front axle isn't pulled in. having the extra power of the 3208 doesn't help it hook up in those conditions either. Oh, and I've still got he firebird body in it! My Red deuce with the gas motor and six singles did a LOT better.

Cap'n M, if the diesel has an automatic glowplug preheat, ether will damage it. If it doesn't, you can give it a quick sniff and fire it without the plugs. My dad has a 4.3 V6 diesel in an '84 Chevy Celebrity that he just adores. It gets sick mileage, like 40+mpg. I'm waiting for the thing to rot out so I can put the motor into my first short jeep.
    Big Blocks RULE!

Well the weather broke here yesturday so I craweled under the truck and got the starter out. Had to pull the front drive shaft to get it out. So today it goes off to the rebuilder and then we can go from there.
    Thanks guys for the help.
    Zone holster maker

Captian Morgan...Nice Avatar! 'Stewy' from Family guy, if I'm not mistaken...I'll tempered little bugger!
    Big Blocks RULE!