Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Selectro Hub Install

Here's the photo of the hubs installed with the studs. Not too user-friendly.

[IMG][/IMG]

Scott

When I did mine I replaced all the studs with a shorter version. Much more driver-friendly.

Sawzall.
    -- Tim Taylor

Where do you find selectro hubs? It would be nice since my rig will be on-road more than off.
    1-1AD 4-17 INF B Co OEF 12-13

you can find them almost anywhere, Can't remember the part number, but a Google search should bring up multiple sites you can buy them from.

typical price range is $275-325, sometimes you can find cheaper

O.K part number was on first page, P/N 11035-01, also put here for those who get temporary blindness when reading all the previous posts
    Last edited by 67smith; March 18th, 2015 at 07:48 AM. Reason: add Part number

I could have sworn I typed a long reply to this...somehow it is gone...

BigWheelBob, one of our members sold them last I heard for less than anyone else, $250 including shipping...he listed this phone number to contact him about Selectros:
    910-326-2881

If that doesnt work, these are the cheapest I found online:
    http://truckandwinch.com/mile-marker...cking-hub.html
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

I've seen them on Ebay for around $275-295. Planning on getting some in spring 2016, one of many 'to do' items.

I put selectro hubs on my 715 and i immediately broke them. I made a machined socket that fit over the outer hub so i wouldnt have any trouble grabbing and turning the hub. mind you i did not shorten the stock studs. well the socket tool works great but it broke the stock plastic cam inside the hub because it spun the cam because the PLASTIC cam is barely retained by the 3 screws that hold it inside. so I took them apart and made cnc machined metal cams. and I remade the screw studs that hold the cam. I also remade the screw studs that hold the hand hub onto the base plate. the 3 studs just engage the groove in the base plate. they were super sloppy in the groove so i made them tighter fit in the groove. with the new metal cams. new retaining screws and the hand tool socket I can crank the hub lock to unlock with very positive action and no slop, and no fear of breaking anything. it was a bit of work but worth it. Ill try and get some pics.

Default remake the guts for a selectro hub

I have a set on my 715.The reworking of yours sounds awesome to a person who can barely sharpen a pencil.While you were doing all of this work did you come up with a cost if maybe you though of offering your redone parts to other Selectro owners. Maybe without the socket? Just asking

Quote Originally Posted by 68bluegreen View Post
    I have a set on my 715.The reworking of yours sounds awesome to a person who can barely sharpen a pencil.While you were doing all of this work did you come up with a cost if maybe you though of offering your redone parts to other Selectro owners. Maybe without the socket? Just asking
    I thought of it. im a machinist and I was working at a shop where i had free reign over the machines there in my off time so i was doing this for free for my self. its possible i could produce just the cam and pins but i would need a shop that could do 4 axis milling for me to make any more of them. I still have the cad model of the cam i made. the pins were specific because i remachined and tapped the hand hub for them. they were larger overall with larger threads into the hand hub and all.