Hey guys, new member, I'm considering getting an m715 to restore. I'd like to be able to occasionally travel with it to go to various car shows, Cars and Coffee, that kind of thing. As we know, a factory m715 is effectively limited to around 50mph (if that) for highway use, as any faster will cook the NP200. NP205 swaps are a thing, but from what I can tell the prices are pretty steep, $1000-$2000 for a rebuilt one and quite a bit of fooling around to get it to fit. I also know that there are 4.54 gears which do allow a bit higher speeds but still are somewhat taxing on the NP200 above 55mph.

I've seen a few posts where people mention 4.10 gears, including one from 2018 where a group/company was wondering about interest in these. Did anyone ever make a 4.10 kit? Is is possible to do without a kit?

With 4.10 gears and factory size tires, I'm assuming 60mph isn't too far out of the question even with an NP200 (other than possibly deafening)? Btw I plan to keep the stock i6 engine and 4-speed.

Thanks!!