Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Selectro Hub Performance Question

Quote Originally Posted by kwai View Post
    Both sets of hubs Mikel posted are Selectro's or a similar clone.
    I realize that, but they're used, and I'd just as soon go with new.

Quote Originally Posted by ray steadward View Post
    I have a brand new set in a box with wheel bearing R&R stuff....And another used set...Hadn't made an effort to sell, but pretty sure I will not be using them....
    PM sent, Ray. Thanks!

I put them on my M715, and it is a huge difference. You're not turning all that steel on the front end daily driving.

Scott
    '67 M715 '67 M725 '69 M726 (x2)

"it's cheap and you get all you can shove in your pie-hole" --Kozmo 12-10-13

Quote Originally Posted by fishtail View Post
    I put them on my M715, and it is a huge difference. You're not turning all that steel on the front end daily driving.

Scott
    Kinda figured: if they made a difference on a lighter truck with a 5.7 V8, they should be quite the revelation on an M715.

Thanks for the info.

Only problem I've had with the Selectros was the spring digging into the cap on one of them. When I moved it to the unlock position it was like winding it up and it would slowly "unwind" as I was driving and partially engage itself.
    The sound of the splines not quite engaging and rubbing together is quite disconcerting...
    Tried flipping the spring around and it dug into the other side, same thing. I filed the end of the spring smooth and no problems since.

My M715 had them on it when I bought it and never really noticed the difference until I got the M725 which does not have a set. The biggest thing I noticed was how much easier the truck turned in tight spaces compared to the one without hubs. You can really feel all that stuff trying to turn over in a tight turn compared to the open hubs.
    Dave
    Delta Team Decals: http://www.deltateamdecals.com/