Thread: rear axel noise

Has any one with a stock rear axel had any noise coming from it on decelleration? Ocasionanlly as I slow down I hear what im asuming is coming from the axel. The truck has 700r4 transmission , 208 transfer case and rear shackel flip thanks much. Curtis

Curtis, Recommend checking the Online Manuals. In Org Maint, there is a section on trouble shooting and it covers the rear axle. Hope this helps. Howard

Curtis, did you adjust the pinion angle after doing the shackle flip? Could be U-joint noise.

Chris

OOOOHHHH Luckyyou may be on to something there !!!!!!!!!!!
    I did not do that but I do know that the fluid is all ok in there cleaned it out and re filled it my self , think I will unflip it and see what happens im running 37 super swampers so my ride heigth is fine thanks
    Curtis
    \"Faith sees the invisable, believes the incredible and recieves the impossible\" Anonymouse

Similar Threads

1. stock axel replacement possible ?????
    By randall555 in forum Modified Tech
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: December 16th, 2009, 10:35 PM
  2. Front axel Queston
    By kndllmtt in forum Stock Tech
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: October 5th, 2008, 09:06 PM
  3. What's that noise?
    By white433 in forum Modified Tech
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: January 13th, 2008, 07:56 PM