Thread: Lug Nuts for Recentered Humvee wheels

Default Lug Nuts for Recentered Humvee wheels

I have a set of recentered wheels ordered from Trail Worthy Fab. Andy says they are tapered for 60 degree lug nuts. Looks like the stock ones are 45 degrees. What have you guys been using?

I also need to replace a couple wheel studs. The bone yards the best/only place for those?

I can probably mail you some stock wheel studs, no help on the conversion lugnuts though....
    Is that real money?

Post up a few pictures of your wheels when you get them. I've been considering going with a set from Trail Worthy Fab myself.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Lots of stud info here:
    http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/gener...stud-tech.html
    I can't comment on stock, cause I don't have any.

I don't understand the nut question...? The maker of the wheels says standard 60* fits.

I bought the hummve wheels from Trail Worthy. Could not find the 60 deg. nuts so I machined the old ones to 60 deg.

According to the catalog, Dorman 611-042.1 is an open end 5/8-18 60 degree lug nut. No luck finding 24 of them at a reasonable price yet.

Raybestos has some options but only has make/model number in their catalog but I sent them an email asking.

Summit and Jegs don't offer anything in that size and taper. Moroso does have one option but they are over $5 each.

I don't think I have a way to post pics here without a third party host but send a private message and I can email pics. Or hit me at tjf1980@live.com. Just picked the wheels and tires up yesterday. Wasn't able to get MTs but got decent MT/Rs for $40 each. Looks sweet, just need to finish up my brake lines, get the wheels painted and the fun of mounting them.

Use Dorman 611-042. It's a box of 10 wheel nuts 611-042.1. There are a few around on eBay for about $23 a box. That's the cheapest off the shelf option I could find.