Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Merry christmas

Default Merry christmas

I'd like to take this opportunity to wish all the members of The Zone a very Merry Christmas and a happy, healthy New Year. May everybody enjoy time with their family and friends and lets not forget our pets.
    militarypotts Spec/4 Military Police, Vietnam Era, "Does the noise in my head bother you? Welcome to the Twilight Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by militarypotts View Post
    I'd like to take this opportunity to wish all the members of The Zone a very Merry Christmas and a happy, healthy New Year. May everybody enjoy time with their family and friends and lets not forget our pets.
    Thank you that is very kind of you. And as for pets, I have four kitties and I am out of town and missing them. Also, I am watching another big kitty who's owner passed away suddenly and unexpectedly. I do have a neighbor who is really looking forward to him living with her. All good things for this festive season.

Again, Thanks, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Thanks, and same here from West Virginia.

As for pets, we have two cats that sleep in our bed with us.
    And two shelties who have just gotten new doggy beds as early Christmas presents. All is right with our world.

Oh yeah, the M715 and CJ3B have been serviced for winter storage, and are setting quietly in the garage away from the nasty road salt until spring.

Are winters pretty bad in West Virginia Dan? Never really thought about it, until I heard you mention nasty road salt.
    militarypotts Spec/4 Military Police, Vietnam Era, "Does the noise in my head bother you? Welcome to the Twilight Zone!"

Merry Christmas to all, and many thanks to everyone who has assisted me in building my truck and keeping it on the road.

Three house plants are as close as I get to pet ownership right now (renter).

Merry Christmas from Wisconsin.... gonna be a cold one here.... A high of only 7*F... with a low of actual -6*F at night...windchills -20 or -30F... BRRR
    67' M715/5.9 Cummins/ZF5/NP205

Quote Originally Posted by militarypotts View Post
    Are winters pretty bad in West Virginia Dan? Never really thought about it, until I heard you mention nasty road salt.
    Winters can get pretty bad.
    The state uses a lot of a mixture of road salt mixed with rock, cinders, and sand. Pretty hard on windshields also

They also spray a liquid calcium chloride deicer during really cold temps, and also at times, a liquid salt brine as a road treatment before a coming winter storm.
    http://transportation.wv.gov/winterd.../Products.aspx

Around here, they spray down beet juice before a predicted snow. It smells pretty bad. You can always tell when they did it because you can see the lines on the street. At least that's what I've been told, (that it's beet juice). Also lots and lots of salt. Sometimes the streets are pure white with salt. Nasty on vehicles, but it sure does make the streets safer.
    I always enjoy the first heavy rain in the spring to wash it all down the sewer.

Merry Christmas!!!
    Come and take it
    Go work at joann fabrics if you can't shoot a gun

Quote Originally Posted by Don Cavey View Post
    And as for pets, I have four kitties and I am out of town and missing them. Also, I am watching another big kitty who's owner passed away suddenly and unexpectedly.
    Since you travel so much, who tends the cats!! We also have 4 cats. All are rescues as two showed up here as ferals and two are rescued sisters that were kittens found in a barn.

Merry Christmas to all here!!!
    SFC, HQ,129th Sig Co, PAARNG, Vietnam Era