Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: J-series wiper motors

Default J-series wiper motors

While perusing my hood area today, I noticed that the vent grille has the same cutouts that my J-10 does. Has anyone transferred a J-series wiper assembly to the M-series.

Rich

I suspect the windshield angle might be a problem, even if the motor and linkages fit.

I would have to agree with that...The civilan window is at and angle and the gi one is flat. I would thing it would make it difficult for the wipers to do their job properly....but hey you can always try and let us know...
    Zone holster maker

Default T98 Input

I prefer the look of the top mounted wipers myself. Best way to improve them while keeping them top-mounted is to use heavy duty marine wiper motors. They are not cheap, but they work great as a replacment for the old vac wipers.

Here's a link to the style most people use:

http://www.boatersworld.com/webapp/w...38&cat2=343437

You can do a web search on AFI WIPER and see a lot of links for them.

Stan

Default Smooth Idle ,got Smoother???

If I remember right, JC Whitney sells 12 volt electric motors that will replace vacuum motors. I think the price was around $25 each. Might be worth a look.

Phil

Default M725 FOR SALE

Quote Originally Posted by topdog
    If I remember right, JC Whitney sells 12 volt electric motors that will replace vacuum motors. I think the price was around $25 each. Might be worth a look.

Phil
    Phil, yes JCW carries them and so does 4WD Hardware and a number of others. The problem with those motors is they use small plastic gears inside that break easily. Also the cases aren't weather resistant so any water that gets on them usually gets inside ruining them. The cheap motors don't hold up nearly as well as the marine style.

Stan

could one use some sort of 12v vacume pump to power the existing ones? would it be worth the trouble?

BrianM

That is what MCInfantry did. He got the electric pump from a early '90's Cadillac.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

My idea for those civ wiper arm indentations is using them to locate washer fluid sprayers. Not being able to wash the window while driving really annoys me. Sound like an idea? Any takers?

Oh yeah, hoods... on the old message board I posted a message about using a civilian hood latch. Works great!!! Compare the mounts. Direct bolt-in on passenger side. Had to fish bolts under driver side mount on hood and nut the outsides. Only had to drill one hole for driver side locator post. Springs on posts work perfect and the safety hook hits the square hole and catches just right. Bent the release lever up so that it tucks under the lip on the front of the hood. I always hated that goofy second lever behind the grill on the civ latches. Now I'd have to break 5 latches for that hood to pop open by itself on the highway. This also really stiffens up the hood and will eliminate that split in the front center (you all know the one).