Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Confession

That's great! As they say, "One step at a time".

I got tired of rebuilding the OEM carburetor, so now I have a brand new Holley 2300 350cfm carb and an intake adapter sitting here waiting to go on.
    1968 M715
    1968 M725

I got my carb installed with the exception of the throttle cable, I still have to make a bracket.

1968 M715
    1968 M725

The throttle is hooked up and I spent today fixing the exterior lights. I installed new CJ2A tail lights and replaced the front headlamps. I have the lights on a 20a toggle for now (headlight switch was broken). I will get a universal wiring harness down the road and wire the truck up correctly light my M715. I also found out my reman master cylinder leaks out the back, so... to the parts store I go. I will drive it to work Monday!!!
    1968 M715
    1968 M725

I remember seeing this one for sale in RI for a long time, he wouldnt come down from 2500
    Looks original, is it 24v? Do the accessories work? Gas heater... surgical light... etc

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

I haven't been on the board in a while... The ambulance has been registered for over a year now. I seldom drive it though, I didn't realize how slow these things were with the stock motor. I am picking up set of 2002 Superduty SRW axles on Monday for it. I am going to keep it SUA and make a conversion van out of it with RV leather captain chairs.
    1968 M715
    1968 M725

For a drivetrain, the plan is a 490ci (383 based) Big Block Mopar, Cummins NV4500, Atlas or Trailworthy t-case, and the Superduty axles with 4.56 gears and locker in rear. I will swap over my Toyo M/T's when I finally do the SOA on my M715.
    1968 M715
    1968 M725

Hi defbob
    What intake adapter did you use to mount your 2300. I'm in the same boat as you are With a diesel swap hopefully in the near future, but for now keep the Tornado 230 working a little while longer.

Thanks,
    Charles

Just saw this...sorry I am so late to the party...

Nice one!! Heck of a deal!!! I like your plans for the drivetrain...love the Mopar big blocks...gotta keep an eye on this one!
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

I`d like to post some pics of my 725, but the little box says "may not post attachments. How can I post pics? thanks