Page 5 of 44 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: The longest build thread ever, at least it seems like it!

I hear you on UPS. I bought a J20 P/S box from a member on FSJ Network and he shipped it UPS. They lost it at one of their facilities, it checked in but never checked out. How do you lose a steering box? I have worked at the UPS facility in Post Falls and Spokane as a third party mechanic and I can see how it happens but still...

Quote Originally Posted by glenn View Post
    I hear you on UPS. I bought a J20 P/S box from a member on FSJ Network and he shipped it UPS. They lost it at one of their facilities, it checked in but never checked out. How do you lose a steering box? I have worked at the UPS facility in Post Falls and Spokane as a third party mechanic and I can see how it happens but still...
    Yeah, they would never lose something like a cast iron bellhousing either

Quote Originally Posted by Mikel View Post
    Yeah, they would never lose something like a cast iron bellhousing either
    That is just nuts...

I just got off the phone with Ruff Stuff Specialties. And absolutely outstanding company. I am their 4th call this morning with missing or damaged items. Ron stated he has a customer in Florida that ordered a 60 in tube. He received a 6 inch long box end and nothing but air inside. We discussed someone at UPS building a crawler with free parts. (joke)
    So without question, he is sending me the missing items USPS today. I really like the company. Well made products and really good customer service.

I feel fortunate to be at least getting the missing items. Unlike both of you guys Glenn and Mikel. It's like dealing with a cell phone company now. A ball peen hammer to the forehead over and over is more fun.
    So a happy ending for now.

I shipped a member an NP205 tcase through FedEx ground once and it got "lost" at one of their facilities...checked in but not out...

Same people who are drinking clorox and calling the poison control center claiming its Trumps fault they are stupid...
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

A 205 is a little hard to get "lost", wonder if an employee was building an rig.

exactly what I think...
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

There is not much worse than someone who steals. May they encounter great difficulty in what ever they do....

Ok so I believe I have nailed it. I got the spring hangers welded (tacked) in. Then cut and reversed the rear hangers. Installed shackles I made, ended up at 8 degrees. Made longer shackles and got my 6 degrees. I decided to much lift still. And I wanted a shorter shackle. Installing and removing things several times, it looks like a 6 degree shim and the short shackles I made will put me right in. I have to consider the drop that will come from engine, winch and bumper weight. Right now the springs don't load up hardly at all. Doing all this got rid of the excess lift, and should be at my target. I have steel shims coming and when I get it all in I will snap a photo. I have also got a good coating of cerakote glacier black on the new bearing hubs and brake mounts and shields. I realize this axle has been landed a 100 times on this forum. I never found this info that I am discovering, so I am posting up. Maybe it will help someone later. I am learning and it is helping me.

Still patiently (or impatiently) waiting on the 6 degree shims to arrive. I have found the 14 special roller bearings that allow putting a T-18 mainshaft into the front of our original T-98's. Advance Adapters has them.

https://www.advanceadapters.com/prod...csneedle-brgs/

I am looking forward to making the truck a roller again. I need to get some other work done on the lift. Then resume the build. I am wondering if I can repair all the sheetmetal and have my buckskin tan on by winter. Removing the tall body lift made my door gaps better. I may be able to use these doors. I'd prefer originals with the earlier style latches. I will cross that bridge or jump when I get there. Happy Sunday...

Wonder if your cab has flexed some from having the lift installed. I've heard the M715 cabs with no hard top are pretty flexy when they're not bolted to the frame.

Well my first truck needed a shoulder into the door when flexed a little bit the one or two times I took it offroad. And it was bolted down correctly. The cabs are not rigid at all. I am considering a cage or at least a roll bar. That decision is a ways off yet. The wife and I are heading to Hayden and Post Falls soon. Any chance of picking up the crossmembers while down there? I can wait to if need be.