Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Photobucket 3rd party hosting

Default Photobucket 3rd party hosting

I was going to make a post of pics of Seabees/Navy M725's and I see that Photobucket has made changes to its policy regarding 3rd party hosting.

Either I have to upgrade my account to a paying one or as of Dec. 2018, all my photo links in the zone will no longer appear. It is $39.99 a month or $399 a year. That's not going to happen.

Just giving everyone a heads-up.

Scott
    '67 M715 '67 M725 '69 M726 (x2)

"it's cheap and you get all you can shove in your pie-hole" --Kozmo 12-10-13

You can use this link, it is free for now. https://postimages.org/

We found out about a month ago...trying to work out the whole ins and outs of hosting them on our server for the site for the future...
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

Quote Originally Posted by brute4c View Post
    We found out about a month ago...trying to work out the whole ins and outs of hosting them on our server for the site for the future...
    I am a member of an antique radio forum. This was bashed about ad nauseum over there. I was fortunate during this debacle because I had paid the lowly fee of $9.99 for a year several months ago. My pictures are still coming up... for now. But if they think that I would pay them $400 a year or so, well, you fill in the expletives.

They are in dire straits and may just put themselves out of business. Tough toodles...

Quote Originally Posted by Mikel View Post
    I'm now using imgur as well. Pretty good sight so far

I deleted all of my pictures from photobucket, and told them to "take a hike".

I would like to restore all of the images that I had posted on my truck's restoration thread. What would I need to do?

This is next on the agenda...gotta talk to Hammer asap...
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

Try http://www.smugmug.com. Owned by a good guy.

Quote Originally Posted by brute4c View Post
    This is next on the agenda...gotta talk to Hammer asap...
    It would be great if we could get access to edit our old posts to update the photo links so our old threads are not missing the images. I understand that this opens Pandora's box though.

How do you keep us from deleting posts, how do you deal with those who don't know how to resize images before uploading them among other considerations.

I for sure would never intentionally do anything to harm any old posts if I were given the opportunity to update my old posts. My biggest challenge is my really old posts that used Imageshack. Those pictures are gone now. At least Photobucket still allows me to access my pictures so I could download them to my computer.

Quote Originally Posted by jeeper View Post
    It would be great if we could get access to edit our old posts to update the photo links so our old threads are not missing the images. I understand that this opens Pandora's box though.

How do you keep us from deleting posts, how do you deal with those who don't know how to resize images before uploading them among other considerations.

I for sure would never intentionally do anything to harm any old posts if I were given the opportunity to update my old posts. My biggest challenge is my really old posts that used Imageshack. Those pictures are gone now. At least Photobucket still allows me to access my pictures so I could download them to my computer.
    Of hundreds of thousands of forum users I've run into in the last several decades, I've only seen a handful of people who have gone through the trouble to go back and delete every post of theirs. So for an statistically insignificant occurrence, we all lose control of our posts.