Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fishtail's new M-726 thread.

Please excuse me for going OT. But you have inspired me to wet sand my hood and try to find numbers. As I mentioned (Years ago ), I am convinced that my truck is an M-724 that has an M-715 bed on it. There are just too many clues to that fact. However... the data plate was missing. And, there is no VIN stamped on the right front frame rail. There is a fifth wheel setup welded on the frame over the rear differential hump so I can't check there... yet.

My truck is titled as a 1969 and it has the original carburetor mounted air filter without a governor. That would be consistent with an M-724.

Ya got me thinking. If I find a number which is consistent with a 1969 number, it would make sense and tie all things together.

And, let me say that it is cool that you have another one, numbers in sequence! Great. How close are they in VIN?

Another nice one!
    Thanks, George
    Joshua 24:15

Some more pics from last month.

The fuel sticker.

[IMG][/IMG]

The data plate from the utility box. This is in the front compartment right behind the driver.

[IMG][/IMG]

The other day I removed the passenger seat frame and cleaned out the lower seat springs. Tonight I removed the lower battery box and cleaned the floor around the passenger side and tunnel. I got a few holes to weld up on the rear of the cab where a CB radio was mounted.

Scott
    '67 M715 '67 M725 '69 M726 (x2)

"it's cheap and you get all you can shove in your pie-hole" --Kozmo 12-10-13

Oh, yeah. Last week I straightened out the passenger side utility box doors and latches. I welded back on the forward most door catch that had fallen off. (yes, it was laying in the bottom of the compartment)

I also straightened out the two pull out drawers on the passenger side and lubed them up so they pull out easily.

I attacked the rear of the truck last weekend also. I straightened out the fuel can holder, the two upper grab irons, and the tail light extensions. I removed the tailgate and hinges from the extra M726 box I got from California last year and installed them on the truck. I still want to paint them, as they are yellow.
    I still have to remove the welded on receiver hitch. (It makes a convenient push-pull device yet, so it might stay on until I get the truck running)

Scott

Some more progress.

Made a new drawer rod to replace the bent/broken one.

[IMG][/IMG]

Got the driver's seat out and cleaned the floor.

[IMG][/IMG]

I got the tailgate on last week to test fit it. Going to remove it and paint it yet.

[IMG][/IMG]

This was stenciled on the drivers door near the top front.
    "MAX SPEED"
    "ON POST 30"
    "OFF POST 40"

[IMG][/IMG]

Got the spotlight swiveling and turning freely now. Looks like the sun took its toll on the plastic knob.

[IMG][/IMG]

Got the driver's side rear compartment doors straightened out and latching correctly. Had to rob a chain from one of the extra utility boxes to replace one missing on the big door. Test fit the drawer on that side. The two drawers were missing on this truck and I only have one spare. Going to make one next week at work. Looks pretty straightforward. Just some folds, bends and spot welds. Found a weld-on handle that matches exactly on Amazon.

[IMG][/IMG]

Scott

Smile

Very nice truck!
    Please keep the pictures coming.

Looking really good

fishtail
    PM me please?
    Thanks,Paul
    Chillydog

Looking great, I can't wait to see it all finished up.
    Dave
    Delta Team Decals: http://www.deltateamdecals.com/