Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mirror Stem Replacement

Default Mirror Stem Replacement

Well.. on each side.. i have the 4 holes....

The m715 mirrors themselves (rectangles) are easy to find.

The stems on the otherhand seem a bit more difficult....

Do these 4 bolt hole mounts crossover to anything else? (CJ2A, GPW, M38, M151 ?)

Theres mirrors for sale online... the stems on the otherhand... not so much.

The screws are still in the door... the mirrors... were replaced with F150 styles.... and they need to go...

I'M LOOKING FOR ITEM #2 (currently they list it as POR?)

nice mustang, is it a fastback and hypo 289

You got mustangs stacked to the roof!

I believe the M37 and M38 mirror arms and brackets bolt right up. Haven't tried it but have read that on here a lot. Mirrors themselves are different.

Replacement arms and brackets for the M38 are all over the internets, but most are cheezy Chinese stuffs.

I was looking at some for the M37 at Vintage Power Wagons. Looked pretty nice and decent price.

Not my mustangs... father in-laws..

65 Fastback GT350 clone and 64-1/2 convertible (red)

M37 looks to be a different mounting bracket...

M38 sometimes shows 4 bolts... sometimes shows 6 (3 upper and 3 lower... unlike our 2 hi, and 2 lo)

All below show up for m38 mirrors

Last edited by venominjected; August 1st, 2015 at 10:49 PM.

Ah, my bad. Wasn't paying that much attention to the mounts I guess. I was looking at these arms, bottom of page 81:
    https://www.vintagepowerwagons.com/pdf/parts/18body.pdf

I'll keep the search on for the magical correct 4 bolt pattern mirror mtg bracket and stem....

fricken unicorn mirror stems....

The mirror arms for the M38a1 and mounting brackets are the same as on the M715. The best source I found is from Midwest Military. The only difference it the M38a1 has a round mirror head compared to the square style on the M715.
    Dave
    Delta Team Decals: http://www.deltateamdecals.com/

I did some digging on those last year. I've now forgotten everything except 1) Beast is right on the M38, and 2) there's some supplier who had them US made to his spec. One of the big green iron outfits...

Quote Originally Posted by Beast View Post
    The mirror arms for the M38a1 and mounting brackets are the same as on the M715. The best source I found is from Midwest Military. The only difference it the M38a1 has a round mirror head compared to the square style on the M715.

DING DING DING on midwest military...

M38a1 Mirror stems.. only $36 too (sans mirror) which is what I want... not sure if its one or for the pair.. i'm assuming one.. but $72 is okay with me too

Anyone know if the windshield hood rests are the same too as the M38A1?

Quote Originally Posted by venominjected View Post
    DING DING DING on midwest military...

M38a1 Mirror stems.. only $36 too (sans mirror) which is what I want... not sure if its one or for the pair.. i'm assuming one.. but $72 is okay with me too

Anyone know if the windshield hood rests are the same too as the M38A1?
    Yep the windshield hood rests are also the same as the M38a1.
    Dave
    Delta Team Decals: http://www.deltateamdecals.com/