Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: wrecker : 205 T case brake conversion

Default fisherman :

Re: 205 T case brake conversion
    Post by fisherman on Jun 17, 2006, 12:57pm

Thanks Tacoma, I just pulled my transfer case out of my donor truck last night. They are tough to catch, tried one handed. I'll be cleaning it up, mocking it up and well see how it comes together. Fisherman

Default robertcowan :

Post by robertcowan on Jun 17, 2006, 3:21pm

you get what you pay for on a e-brake setup. i like spicers np200 setup myself and thats what i,am doing. i,am lookin for a cheaper source for the companion flange and yoke. this is the expensive parts. also not bringing up to specs the brake band and re-trueing the brake hubisnt adviseable in my opinion if you want great e-brakes instead of will-do brake. i like to keep the truck as stock as possible even if it costs 100.00 more and thats what were talking about here. nothing like somebody looking at your project and saying what have your RIGGED up here ???? lol

Default robertcowan :

Post by robertcowan on Jun 17, 2006, 3:25pm

just another note. i bought a np 202 t-case from barrman and it had took the identicle flanged yoke as a np200 so all the np200 e-brake components work perfect and its a part time t-case. very HD. i,ll be posting pix tuesday of the t-case swap. i,ve got it within 6" of being welded in now. trim a little check it etc ? sure is heavy !!!!
    bob

Default fisherman :

Post by fisherman on Jun 17, 2006, 3:58pm

Thanks Bob. I think mine is a np205, although I've heard some internationals came with np202's. It has to much crud on it for me to tell the difference. I believe it is a np205. It came out of a 1970 international 1100 pick up. Anyone need an international engine? Was rebuilt sometime ago, runs decent at least the last time I fired it up. I can't tell what it is, probably just a 345. I think I'm going to keep the axles out of the International for my cj-6 project, wheeling rig. I will be checking in to see what your doing for the e-brake setup. Not sure what will be the easiest for me to do? Fisherman

Default devildog :

Post by devildog on Jun 18, 2006, 8:25am

For twin stick check out this:

http://jkwoffroad.com/offroadproducts.php#33

You can get new ready to install shift rods so you don't make a mistake. DIY is cheaper of course (unless you screw up) but these save a lot of cut and fit time.

Default barrman :

Post by barrman on Jun 20, 2006, 9:44am

A few things to make clear.

Tom has a disc e-brake on Velvet that he fabbed up for about nothing. It even has its own master cylinder.

His orange truck has the NP200 band e-brake mounted on a NP205.

The 200 brake on a 205 is what Bob sells parts for. Assuming the donor 200 rear output seal is good, then all you need to do is machine the output housing a little to make the 205 bearing fit. A new rear output yoke is needed and a little bit of ingenuity and work is required to make it all fit together. Jesse at High Angle Driveline is where Tom got his yoke. Tom has his own lathe. He couldn't find the reciept when I was at his place in March, but he thinks the yoke was about $30. That was all he had invested in the swap. I also have my own lathe and will be doing the swap real soon. I will take pictures along the way and bore everybody to death.

Basically, if you want it done and don't want to do it, contact Bob Cowen. He will get it done and done right. You won't ever have to mess with it again. If you want to do it yourself, collect the parts and make it yourself. Just don't complain if you have to mess with it a bunch.

The disc stuff on Pirate and other places will work great. But, you get what you pay for and it all boils down to how much you want to pay and do yourself.

Default robertcowan :

Post by robertcowan on Jun 20, 2006, 1:53pm

i called jesse at high angle and the yoke-& companion flange was a little over 200.00 also there is machineing required for the yoke. a spacer has to be made for the brake drum and a register has to be done for it on the yoke. never reuse a used seal . it will bite you. also retrue the brake drum and reline the band. then your all jamed up ready to rumble.
    barrman, i got the np202 installed yesturday.
    bob

Default osut362 :

Post by osut362 on Jun 20, 2006, 2:49pm

i put a np205 in my 715 this spring and made up a disc parking brake. it hooks up to the factory brake handle and uses a shortened factory pull rod. i'm in to it for about 150.00 with a new caliper and disc. i converted a pinion mounted parking brake (street rod stuff) to work on the output flange of my 205. it will slide the back wheels at 20 mph, and it's good enough for me. .....al

Default wrecker :

Post by wrecker on Jun 21, 2006, 8:41am

My main goal is to have a brake that works and Tom's get up looked pretty slick and not too difficult. I have access to a lathe and it even comes with it's own operator-lol. I just need to know the basic procedure and I could scratch my head enough and figure it out, but was hopeful that someone had a copy of Tom's file wuith the pics and explanation. It was an excellent sticky. Barrman, you'll be doing us all a favor by re-creating the information that was lost.
    osut, you have any pics of your setup?

Default osut362 :

Post by osut362 on Jun 21, 2006, 12:50pm

wrecker, no pictures yet. rotor came from TPI, $35.00, adapter to mount on your specific yoke was about the same amount. caliper came from TSM, $80.00 with pads and the mounting bracket was $10.00 more. i got the LARGE machanical caliper and works well with the rotor. the rest of the stuff i needed i had as scrap. bolts, plates, ect. another thing i has to buy was 2, 1/4 inch clevis. i also made brackets and mounted the caliper before i put the 205 in the truck. i wear bifocals and looking down is easier than looking up caliper pn 7211, caliper bracket pn 7208 rotor pn bp15112 rotor adapter will specific for your yoke