Thread: NP200 gaskets

Default NP200 gaskets

I need to reseal my transfer case so I bought a seal/gasket set off of ebay. The seals that came seem pretty nice but the gaskets are paper thin and seem pretty cheap. Has anyone had experience with these? Do you think I would be better off just using permatex? Any input or suggestions are greatly appreciated!

I've always just used RTV on all my transfercase's with no issues.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

The original thin paper gaskets work just fine.
    But, I always apply a coating of Permatex copper spray-a-gasket to both sides.

Also file any raised areas down where there is a dent. Especially if someone used a chisel to separate the parts.

Yup. If sealing surfaces are flat and clean, paper is fine.

Thanks for the advise. All the surfaces looked fine so I went with the paper gaskets. I even had some of the copper spray a gasket so I should be in good shape!

I picked up a new old stock set of gaskets that were the thin paper type. The issue I had was scraping the old gasket of the iron transfer case. 50 year old gasket must fossilize or something. I put Permatex Black RTV on both sides of the gasket for extra insurance.