Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My m715's pic's

Default My m715's pic's

Finally got around to taking pictures of my toys, so here they are

A little ugly and need lots of work, but i wouldn't have it any other way.
    Also my wife screamed when she saw them and told me i have the choice between them or my vette,
    so you know which is gone

Good choice .You see Vette's all the time, old & new , the 715's are far & few between . I get more stares and questions about the 725 than the 66 Chevelle .Though the 725 is a daily driver .

The vette maybe gone, BUT two real monster's shall emerge

Will keep you posted on the progress of my boys now get to work

What is the game plan? Full restore off the assembly line, motor pool restore, monster modification?
    Zone holster maker

I plan on original restore on the one with the winch to be used as a daily driver.

I plan on first just getting it running, then in about a year take it all the way down to the frame, and rebuilding it back up. As you noticed it has a flat bed, which could be useful, but I want this to look original so Im going to either put the other jeeps bed on it or buy another one, the only thing I want to change is the paint job so Im thinking about painting it tiger stripe

The red jeep needs lots of work done to it, the frame is pretty rusty so Im going to take all the wiring off and convert it to a 12 volt system, do an engine swap and make it an off road monster. That way i can have extra parts for the other jeep and still have choices on what i want to modify on it. But Im not going to chop it all up like some people do, a M715 should look like a M715

You could do the original 4 color camo because there doesn't seem to be many 715s done like that in collectors hands.
    Zone holster maker

Cool trucks! Did they come out of Cali (LA)?
    Liz, covid, murdered 10/19/21

Can you send a picture of what original 4 color camo looks like?

Years ago, i spray canned a small truck with flat black paint, then made zebra stripes on it with gloss black paint. And when it sit under the trees, you could just make it out at a distance. It was not the best paint job in the world, but it sure did impress my friends (or they thought i was crazy)

I bought them near Spanaway, Wa and in the process of getting them to my house now. Sure can't wait to start turning wrenches and get pic's of them being rebuildt and running

Thats great we have another local Zone Member, sure is nice to have a few of us in Washington now. You gonna make our FE in July?