Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: m715 winch

Default m715 winch

if you were to buy an m715 that didnt come with the pto winch would it be possible and what would be involved in putting on a pto winch and also how do u tell if a m715 originally came with a winch or not

Blog Entries

Mine originally didn't come w/ a winch. You can tell because the floor pan winch lever hole wasn't cut out, the tranny had a plate where the PTO should be, didn't have a winch plate on the dash, and didn't have winch bumpers.

I purchased a winch assembly off of an old scrap truck on EBay and rebuilt it. Got a PTO from a memeber here. Drilled the hole for the lever and started bolting stuff up.

Last edited by teking; March 14th, 2007 at 08:35 PM.

That's a great looking truck Teking. The backdrop even looks like it could be somewhere in 'Nam.

Is the star on the hood historically correct?

I didn't mean to hijack the thread, but what Teking wrote above is accurate. To recap, a non-winch truck would not include the following:

1. Data plate indicates W/O WN
    2. Additional data plate indicating winch shift pattern not present top center
    3. No cut-out or hole for engagement lever on floor front left of battery box
    4. No bumper extensions or split bumper
    5. No PTO or associated drive shafts or winch

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MarknessMonster View Post
    That's a great looking truck Teking. The backdrop even looks like it could be somewhere in 'Nam.

Is the star on the hood historically correct?
    LOL .... 'Nam ... Florida, isn't it the same at times?

The star is exactly as the one that was found on the hood under the paint. So I guess it should be close.

Last edited by teking; March 14th, 2007 at 08:52 PM.

heres all it takes $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

based on teking's photos and running out to check my non-winch rig, i noticed that the sheet metal has the pattern stamped into it. this might help. gimmie a sec and i will post a pic.
    ian
    Formerly 1967 M715 #13889

ok here you can see the pattern for the pto handle.
    ian
    Formerly 1967 M715 #13889

Quote Originally Posted by BCOWANWHEELS View Post
    heres all it takes $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    I 2nd the above statement. If your really serious about going PTO, then its doable but rather expensive. Your looking at $200 ish for the PTO gearbox (I got mine from AB Linn), anywhere from under a hundred for a Ramsey or like PTO winch, to several hundred for the stock Braden. Then you have the shafting, good like finding stock ones, I am making my own. So you'll have round bar plus u-joints plus bearings (# of joints+bearings will depend on your winch setup). I will be fabbing my own PTO gearbox shifter and linkage. Also fabbing my own mounts as I am running the 10K Garwood winch. Yeah, I think thats about it...

Could I have bought an electric winch for what I will have into my PTO setup and be done far sooner? Yes.

Can you find an electric winch as bad-ass as the 10K Garwood? I don't think so.

a nice factory winch setup is between 1500.00 + 2500.00 . ready to work

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BCOWANWHEELS View Post
    a nice factory winch setup is between 1500.00 + 2500.00 . ready to work

Agreed ... mine cost about $1700.00 for everything. PTO, winch, bumpers, driveline. All stock. I rebuilt the winch .... PTO was good just needed cleaning.