Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Marsh Wheels

Default Marsh Wheels

Good morning all,
    Just wanted to toss this out there to get some opinions, I checked with Marsh earlier today with regard to their 16.5 x 9.75 wheels with the 6 x 7.25 bolt pattern for the 715's they recommend 5" back spacing for that wheel? I was thinking 4" of back spacing, my plan is to run Dick Cepek 16.5 x 12 x 38.5radials for now any opinions on what the back spacing should be? I tried the deuce 1/2 wheels as mentioned in an earlier post but that was WAY too much work and would have cost more than the new wheels once complete + I already have the 16.5 radials in the garage.
    Any advise would be appriciated.....

Default back spacing

5 in back spacing i dont think would be any problem . i plan on going with 6 in back spacing on my marshall rims here in aout 2 weeks . i measured the back spacing on the stock rims and i think it was around 6 in so why wouldnt new rims and tires use the same

rottiedogs Guest

Default bs

I did 4 inch bs but I ran 16.5 inch wide tires. With the 12 inch wide tire, 5 bs should work great

The stock rims have 5.5 inches of backspacing.
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

Thanks for all of the replies, I think I will run 5" hopefully the wheels will be here next week.

I've got 4 inch backspacing...no problems at all

Ok so I have a set of 38.5 x 15 x 16.5 , I wanted to run 16.5 x 12 but not sure what back spacing . Has anyone else run this big of a tire ?

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

Quote Originally Posted by Rakes67 View Post
    Ok so I have a set of 38.5 x 15 x 16.5 , I wanted to run 16.5 x 12 but not sure what back spacing . Has anyone else run this big of a tire ?
    I was running 38" TSL's 13.5 inches wide and my Marsh rims are 4.5" backspacing. No problems unless I really got fully stuffed in a tight situation, then they'd rub slightly at full lock on the back of the front fender flares or the leaf spring. Not enough to cause any problems.
    "Free advice is worth what you pay for it."™

Quote Originally Posted by Rakes67 View Post
    I ran the same size 15/38.5 16.5. ordered 16.5 x12 rims. dont remember my rim maker, was somebody on the east coast back when nobody like Marsh,or anybody made wheels. anyway long story short 12 inches was to wide. sidewall recomendation was 10 inches , so I took yhem to my buddies shop[ had him cut 2 inches off . (they looked goofy mounted on the 12 inchers) anyway 4.5 inch bs 16.5 x 10 looks nice for me.

I want to see pics of this when you get them...close to the same tire set-up I am going with and I was debating backspacing in my head.

Quote Originally Posted by militarytrux View Post
    Good morning all,
    Just wanted to toss this out there to get some opinions, I checked with Marsh earlier today with regard to their 16.5 x 9.75 wheels with the 6 x 7.25 bolt pattern for the 715's they recommend 5" back spacing for that wheel? I was thinking 4" of back spacing, my plan is to run Dick Cepek 16.5 x 12 x 38.5radials for now any opinions on what the back spacing should be? I tried the deuce 1/2 wheels as mentioned in an earlier post but that was WAY too much work and would have cost more than the new wheels once complete + I already have the 16.5 radials in the garage.
    Any advise would be appriciated.....