Thread: memorial day weekend

Default memorial day weekend

I had a good weekend with the truck.
    My family and I were camping/rving on the south shore of long island, close to our home. Weather turned out to be pretty good.
    On Friday we loaded up the truck and went for a ride down the beach. Came upon two CJs stuck back to back. One had lost drive on the front axel and had dug in his back wheels in. His friend was trying to pull him out. Eventually the working cj got moving and I offered to try and pull the broken truck free.
    I have NDTs so I was not sure how well they would work trying to pull someone out. Turns out the M715 did just great. Dug in a little but just keep churning and pulled the guy free pretty easily. Over the weekend had a few nice rides down the beach. I have driven on the south beaches of Long Island form many years and the sand was particularly soft this weekend.

Monday I drove the truck in my local parade. I had offered its use to the local VFW a few weeks backs and they were very grateful. I loaded up a few vets in the back and we all had a good time. I had two WWII vets back there, very nice guys really enjoyed talking to them. The parade and the memorial ceremonies were very nice. They want me back for the Christmas parade, I made some new friends.
    Truck is running and working really well, pretty impressive for a 40 year old truck.
    I will post a couple of pictures soon.

good job - every parade needs a couple. thanks for taking the time to do that.
    67 M725 67 M715 68 M715