Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Weekend project

Default Weekend project

I took the M725 to get the exhaust fixed so I need a weekend project. I have been planning to bob off a truck for some time so I decided to start this weekend. Went a lot easier than expected. Other than the busted lip and a couple smashed fingers. I used the front springs and shackles from a deuce. a M101 trailer bed so I did not need to cut the drive shaft. I am thinking I need to raise the bed four to 6 inches. The hubs still need to be flipped and mount shocks.
    I managed to brake both rear break lines so I am in need of another brake line.

That looks real good Steve. The tires for it are already loaded in my M715.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

Man he always forgets the people that help him LOL but its been fun working on it

Joe, did you help or just work the loader on the tractor?
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

That truck with the slightly tilted bed, narrow wheelbase and ndts looks like an old 30's or 40's pick-up truck. I think 1500's are going to make a big difference.

Nice work, I'm still on the diesel 715 and have a duece ready to modify once the 715 is opperational again.
    I bobbed a duece last year simillar to yours, keep in mind if you have to change the in tank fuel pump you need enough space to remove it sometimes the bed gets in the way if its not raised high enough.
    Nice how those trailer beds line up with the truck frame almost like they were supposed to be there.

I have a scraper M35 out back. I was thinking of cutting the frame from under the bed and welding the 101 bed to it. That would give me 6" or so.

The bobbed look is pretty cool..
    '67 M715 '42 GPW '45 MB

Cool

Put the duel's on it!

It will get super singles. Either my new 12.5 / 20 (40" tall) or 395/85/20 (46" tall) Michelin XL's.
    I still have to flip the rear hubs.