Thread: Pics of heat mat/bed liner

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Pics of heat mat/bed liner

Well with the long weekend and some nice weather I decided to tackle my next project. I need to do something about the in cab heat before summer so I got some Fat Mat (thanks M725baja) and some Durabak and went to town. The majority of the time was in prep work but didn't want it peeling up any time soon.

Everything went rather smooth during install, but maybe it was the fumes that made me extra mellow. I'll let you guys know how everything holds up, but I'm very pleased with the initial installation. I put the Fat Mat in the doors and they sound really solid when they close and the bed liner looks a lot better than another do it yourself brand that I have tried.

Can you give us more info on the products that you used? On my next closed cab MV I want to do something simular to that to help lower the noise level. I find that as I'm getting older I enjoy not shouting to my passangers.
    Zone holster maker

Quote Originally Posted by k8icu View Post
    Can you give us more info on the products that you used? On my next closed cab MV I want to do something simular to that to help lower the noise level. I find that as I'm getting older I enjoy not shouting to my passangers.
    Heat/sound proofing - www.Fatmat.com

I used the fatmat product, since I thought the rattletrap product was too thick for what I wanted.

Bed Liner - http://www.cotelind.com/#durabak

I purchased the bed liner from 4wd.com. There is a couple different styles from 4wd but a distributor can get you more color variants.

Let me know if you have any more specific questions.

What was the bedliner you used before that you don't like as much?
    -- Tim Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by Binford View Post
    What was the bedliner you used before that you don't like as much?
    It was something that I picked up at Napa, I think the brand was called something like Dupicolor. I got that and a spray applicator. Application sucked, the gun kept getting clogged, don't know how many times I had to tear down the gun to clean it out and reassemble, just know I could still do it with my eyes closed. The product itself doesn't look as durable but jury is still out on that since I haven't tested it, the CJ8 that it was applied to hasn't moved from the garage yet.

Looks fantastic!