Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Autolite 2407 have we been running the wrong plugs all along?

Dang, that's a real bummer on the 2407 plugs as they fit really nice.

Back to the wrench, I thought for sure that I saved one of the packages that had the Federal Stock Number printed on it's label. I can't find it

The wrench has Miller 2613 on the side, but I tried googling that and came up nothing

Default Everything you ever wanted to know about the 2407...

Default Installed height of a 2407?

I am thinking maybe the Champion 633 might be similar to the 2407.

Anyone know of the installed height of the 2407? Reach is the same on both plugs at 1/2". The 633 has an installed height of 2.31 inch, so I am thinking that the 633 is 2.8" +/- a little (when you add the reach dimension of 1/2").

Someone said the overall length for a 2407 is 3", but I want to confirm.

Can someone measure a 2407 and let me know?

Jeepdan,

I will keep my eyes peeled for a similar tool, or figure out how to fab one.

Thanks for the great photos and the name/model of the tool!

Seems like someone could throw that design up on CAD, and run it through a 3D printer and make a dozen to sell. Previous post detailed that plug wires only require a little snug, so a printed tool could probably handle the torque.

Maybe print 'M715 SPARK PLUG WRENCH MADE BY M715 ZONE GUYS' on the handle!
    Last edited by ColoradoSpringsRob; February 16th, 2018 at 10:12 PM.

I took a combo open end and box end wrench...cut the box end open with an angle grinder to get just enough space to get it over the wire...left it a touch tight so that I had as much grip on the nut as possible.

Heated the beam of the wrench with a torch and bent it like the actual tool...bent the other end outward, opposite what the factory tool is.

Hitting the side of the open end with a hammer turned the cap screw on the wires to start them or the plugs and the rest was easy by hand...tightening, no problem by hand.

Hope that helps.
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoSpringsRob View Post
    I am thinking maybe the Champion 633 might be similar to the 2407.

Anyone know of the installed height of the 2407? Reach is the same on both plugs at 1/2". The 633 has an installed height of 2.31 inch, so I am thinking that the 633 is 2.8" +/- a little (when you add the reach dimension of 1/2").

Someone said the overall length for a 2407 is 3", but I want to confirm.

Can someone measure a 2407 and let me know?
    Here are the pics from before photobucket died.

Yes the 2407 is 3" overall length

Compared to the 2344
    Dave
    Delta Team Decals: http://www.deltateamdecals.com/

john deere has an injector wrench that is 3/4 that looks the same

Default new career

I had no idea what kind of treasure hunter I would need to become when I bought this truck. By the end of this, I will be able to add 'Researcher' to my resume.

Default Wrench Hunt

John at midwestmilitary.net had some wrenches for sale on his old site...but just confirmed they are all gone.

Working to see if he might be able to order some more, or have them made.

I found two 2344's via NAPA....still no 2407's...

Dave, great photos, very helpful, thank you.

Tomb, I see several John Deere wrenches that might work, different configurations, etc. Thanks for the lead.
    Last edited by ColoradoSpringsRob; February 22nd, 2018 at 09:29 PM.

I was looking to buy one of these wrenches for a while, and have seen a few on ebay. Here is one for sale now: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/KAL-3-4-1...75.c100623.m-1

There was another one I saw made by a company called Granco, and the model number was 8546.

I ended up taking an extra old 3/4 combination wrench I had and grinded down the "jaws" to make it fit better in the tighter areas. Works great.