Thread: Rear Winch Install w/ Pics

Thumbs up Rear Winch Install w/ Pics

Allrightythen, as requested, heres the pics of the rear winch set up on my rig. Check out my thread Rattle Can Camo to see what it looks like from 10 feet. As I said before I cant claim the install as i purchased it this way, but I got a few ideas to make it more reliable. Heres some shots.

Shot with COOLPIX P2 at 2007-08-03

I am guessing most of this bracing isnt stock and it is well intended. Here you can see the corner channels welded in place.

Where the channels meet the bumber, a piece of plate was welded to box the bumber channel and give the fairlead support.

The winch (10k Warn) sits inside of this channel which is bolted to the frame at both ends. Here is my concern as the stress of the winch is held by these four bolts.

Two square tubing braces welded in place running parallel with the winch line between the winch channel and the back side of the bumber plate should be enough beef.

I'll continue this with more pics as I can only post six at a time.

Default to be continued

The release is a little hard to get to

And here is some of the electrical

As you can see, this is bolted to the crossmember above the axle via u-bolts, and like Tom Petty stated its, "Into the great wide open". Ill make a cover for this before its sees to much mud. This last shot is where the plug for the controler is mounted. Funny thing is that this is the one piece of plastic on the truck that the Fusion (for plastic) Camo Paint was actually intended for.

Hope this helps anybody interested, and if you have any ideas or pics of yours, let me know. Thanks, Jay

Thanks for the pix! Maybe an access hole in the bed would allow you to shift the engagement lever a little easier.

10-4 on the access hatch FSJ. Thats a great idea. The spare tire will be mounted in the bed and the hatch should just clear it. Also thinking of making a belly pan for the bottom and front side to keep the grime out of the spool. Thanks, Jay