Thread: Tubes and flaps

Default Tubes and flaps

I just got three new xl and two zxl one new the other 95%.what tubes and flaps do I need to mount these tires on stock rims?Part # places that have them?I tryed to do a search,no luck.Thanks,Mark.

Here ya go, ask for Rusty. But make sure he doesnt send you the tubes with the long stems. You want the short ones.

http://www.innertubes.net/catalog/index.php?cPath=75_83

Short stems? Thats the same place I bought my tubes from, and I was told I needed to get the long stems for the stock split rims. The long stems worked just fine, I don't know if the short ones will or not.

I have the long stems too. I thought it was the short stems that wouldn't work. But Rusty is definately the place to get these; great customer service.
    It's no little problem.

Well, maybe this is something we need to talk about. Everyone measure your stems, and report back!

Long stems will work, just bend them up towards the center of the rim. Kind of looks original military, well it is something that they would have done.

My tubes have stems that are 3-1/2" from the middle of the mount on the tube to the end of the valve cap threads.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

From memory this weekend (remembering this post I looked), my stems match Barrman's measurement and are bent towards the center like Sermis' comment.- gonz

ok thanks guys.got my tires dismounted from the lav rims.A bud of mine made a tool and also used a vacume pump.Worked great and after the first one only took 10 min. Took longer to get the rubber runflat out.We wedged a 2x4 between the runflat and tire beade and cut a 4 inch piece of the rubber with a chainsaw.May sound funny but workes great.I will post a pic of the tool he made.