Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tires.

Default Tires.

I'm running Gamma Goat 11:00 x 18 tires on my m715. The problem is the tires I got weren't in that good of shape, and have since failed. Is there somewhere I can get these tires in better condition or if not, does anybody know what tire I can use that will fit the Gamma Goat rim? Appreciate the help.
    "If you can't Dodge it Ram it"

I haven't read this entire post but it might get you in the right direction.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/gama-goat/67141-tires.html

Thanks for the tip. I got my Gamma Goat tires through Jack Tomlin. They were pretty decent and the price was fair even after shipping. I guess my main question is what other tire can I bolt to my jeep to get at least a 40 in. tire on?
    "If you can't Dodge it Ram it"

Mater I don't think there is much selection for an 18" gama goat rim. Another option you might consider would be 12.5R20 Michelin XL tires that were used on the Military Mercedes/Freightliner Unimogs (SEE tractors) which are in the 40"-41" tall ballpark. However, that will require a new rim.

Other than that you are looking at the XL, XML, XZL tires in the 38" tall range on 16" rims or you have to jump up to 42"-46" tall tires on 20" rims for the 2.5 ton and 5 ton trucks.

Good luck in your search.
    1967 M715 w/wn
    1968 M715 w WVT993 maint bed
    1969 M725

Is the gama goat rim bolt on for us or is it modded?
    Chris

It will not bolt on. They typically are installed with an adapter as the bolt pattern on the Gamma Goat is much larger than the M715...around the inner edge of the 18 inch wheel more or less. I have seen flat 1/2 inch plates in aluminum and 3/8ths inch in steel used with the 2 bolt patterns drilled into them thus mounting the Gamma Goat wheel to the M715.
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

I figured it was something like that
    Chris

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

I guess when the Gamma Goat wheels and tires were still floating around out there that was a good way to go, but I haven't seen any tires for them in a long time. Might be time to give Marsh a call for some new rims.

I think it was Snake River 4X4 that had the adapters listed about a year ago or so, but I don't know if they had any tires or not. Might be worth a look.
    "Free advice is worth what you pay for it."™

Thanks for all the help!

Default Tires for Goat rim

I have been looking for a Gama Goat rim to play with for my M37... can anyone provide me with a picture of a demounted Goat rim, showing the width across the rim & the tire mounting area detail?

'Tanner'