Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chop Top?

Jester Guest

Default Chop Top?

When I first saw the Nukizer concept I really liked the lowered (chopped) top on it.

I ran across a pic of a chop top M37 and it started me thinking again.

Would it be possible? A quick photochop job

I know, not for everyone... But in concept I think it would be possible.

Should be even easier with a slant hardtop. I don't have a good side pic of a truck with a hardtop. Maybe someone else can photochop one?

Jester Guest

To further mess with the concept...

Flame away

I really like the bed canas on the M37, hummm!
    Thanks for all the help!

Here's my hard top with the top chopped. You can see how much I took out because I left the evidence there so you could see.[IMG][/IMG]

I like the idea but maybe even a lower and sleeker look with a flat hardtop? I REALLY like the look of that m37 you pictured.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Mac View Post
    I like the idea but maybe even a lower and sleeker look with a flat hardtop? I REALLY like the look of that m37 you pictured.
    [IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]
    Last edited by jeeper; January 8th, 2011 at 07:37 PM.

Now if it was just bobbed like yours . . . waaay cool lookin!

Now that I think about it, That would be a cool body and frame to build a two wheel drive rat rod out of too.

Or to finish the concept (as you can see I'm not a photshop expert)[IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

I have been thinking about the same thing, but I think the windshield is low enough (I am about 6'3" and I don't want it too low) . I already feel like I am having a hard time seeing out the side windows the heigth they are. I was planning on cutting the middle soft top bow even with the windshield heigth. I am thinking about eliminating the rear upper bow or making it the same heigth also. I also thought about building a roll cage and simply using the roll bar to hold up the top in the rear. This would make the top even with the top or slightly angled down toward the back.

I think it would either require a custom rag top or modifying a stock one. I haven't gotten that far yet, but I am planning on talking to someone who makes convertible tops.