Thread: Large Radiator install BBC (pics)

Default Large Radiator install BBC (pics)

I used a 35 1/2" x19" flexalite radiator with their fans. The stock core support had to be removed , so I had to make some. As you can see in the pic they are 1 3/4" x 1/4" and have been bent and gussets welded in place. These are attached to the body. I am in process of making some similar mounts which will be welded to the piece which holds the leaf spring. You can see me holding it up in one of the pics. I will be bolting the top and lower bracket together with a 1/2" bolt with a rubber cushion between them. Also you will see the transmission cooler I installed. Finally, you will notice where I applied black silicone between the inner fender and front section before bolting together with stainless steel bolts of course.

With how close it is to all that metal, are you going to put in a few more isolators around it where you cut metal to fit it?

Intead of using silicone , which may peel off later , use the 3M body seam sealer . It's used for interior or exterior body seams . Easy to work with , can be smoothed out with a wet finger before it sets up and it's paintable . The silicone will not hold paint. It comes in a caulk gun tube , and just about any automotive paint supplier will carry it .

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    With how close it is to all that metal, are you going to put in a few more isolators around it where you cut metal to fit it?
    Yes.

Thanks for the info. Fasteddie.

Congratulations on stuffing that huge thing in there that well!