Thread: She's Legal!

Default She's Legal!

I got my license plate today, depending on the weather, I'll get the truck inspected Thursday. I'm sure it will pass, but I have I think 30 days to legally drive around without an inspection.

Now that I can take the truck to work, I should have more time to actually work on it

Whew, thought you were talking about your newest girlfriend there for a minute.....
    nevermind, congrats on the tag's.

Default Legal

The truck looks great, I like black too. That's a great idea, using the stoplight for a licence plate light. That way you dont have to mess finding a 24volt license light!
    Feast or famine,

Depending on what kind of driving you do, you might want to relocate it higher up... we smushed ours several times before sticking it off one of the tailgate hinges.

--Randy

Quote Originally Posted by chimesickle View Post
    The truck looks great, I like black too. That's a great idea, using the stoplight for a licence plate light. That way you dont have to mess finding a 24volt license light!
    Yeah, there was only 1 rear blackout light when I got the truck, so I figured I'd use it for something. I just welded bolts to the existing bracket, heated it up and bent it. I cut out another little bracket that slipped over the lower 2 bolts and holds the license plate. I had to take the plastic lens cover out of the blackout light. I was going to put it up higher, but the taillight gets in the way, so I just used the 2 lower existing holes. It ain't much, but I'm no fabricator.

It only has one from the factory. The other side(D) is for the trailer hook-up.

Did you title it as a 5/4 ton truck, or somehting else? PA residents want to know...

Zach

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

Quote Originally Posted by randygar View Post
    Depending on what kind of driving you do, you might want to relocate it higher up... we smushed ours several times before sticking it off one of the tailgate hinges.

--Randy
    Ditto....My rear tag looks like a pretzel now. Someday I'll move it, or it'll just get ripped the rest of the way off on a rock.
    "Free advice is worth what you pay for it."™

Quote Originally Posted by vacca rabite View Post
    Did you title it as a 5/4 ton truck, or somehting else? PA residents want to know...

Zach
    Well, my notary originally didn't want to do the title transfer because when I bought it it had a NJ title, so I went to the local state rep's office. Even though I filled out the paperwork pretty honestly according to the weight chart in the manual, they screwed it up. I ended up with a title that said the GVWR was 5000#. I guess I could've left it that way, but I got a form from PennDOT and changed it to 5500# vehicle weight, 7000# GVWR. The 5500# already puts you to a class 2 weight rating which is good up to 7000#. Its $81/year. If you put the GVWR above 7001#, its class 3, and the registration is more.

Also- I got the truck inspected today no problem. Coincidentily while I was there, I got served a subpoena because last August while I was at the same service station (which is at the base of a long fairly steep descent) a tractor trailer lost its brakes and didn't use the runaway truck ramp- I witnessed the whole thing- I'll post a link to a write-up about it. I was the guy who put the fire out, but it was a small fire at the back trailer axle, so I didn't actually save anybody's life as the article says.

http://www.geocities.com/nesquehoningfire/page4.htm
    Last edited by Pineyguy; March 12th, 2009 at 05:21 PM.

Maybe that belongs on the BS board though.