Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Project Rhino 5/4

Default Rhino 5/4 4/25

Little more progress this weekend. Wimper wipers bank on and operational. Filled all the empty holes with old gauges, got tired of the blue tape flappin. receiver hitch welded up and installed. HMMWV tire carrier almost done. Plywood for bed cut and first coat of finish on. Saw a sweet J20 at a local shop.

Project Rhino 5/4

Default Rhino 5/4 4/28

Rack support made and installed and tire mounted. Had to drill new holes to fasten tire to rack but didn't mess up any of the original so I can reinstall them when I go to CUCV axles and HMMWV wheels next year. Since I am going to be needing access to the back a lot I am thinking about putting an ATV winch on the rack to raise and lower the tire instead of the turnbuckle. turnbuckle was missing anyway so would have to make something work. Need to brace back to the frame to keep the flex out of the plate but other than that I think it will work out and serve the purpose.

Project Rhino 5/4

Default Rhino 5/4 4/30

Had a flat Wednesday so the solution to raise and lower the tire made the priority list. I bought a 2000# Badlands atv winch and mounted it on the tire carrier. It works good with no tire, hopefully flat will be fixed today so spare can be put back on for trial.

Project Rhino 5/4

Default Rhino 5/4 5/3

Winch works very well with tire mounted. Took the boys for a ride down the street and back. Oldest one says "That's my ambulance truck!"

Project Rhino 5/4

You'll make great memories with the little guys, you can tell they're totally into it!
    Come and take it
    Go work at joann fabrics if you can't shoot a gun

Default Rhino 5/4 5/6

Had a little time last night to work on tail lights. Found some off a M35? at my local surplus super center.
    Project Rhino 5/4

Default Rhino 5/4 5/10

Braced up the rear bumper for the tire rack. Challenge is to make the other side match HA! Hopefully getting new exhaust done and sheet metal for can rack ordered this week. Planning on first camping trip this weekend.

Project Rhino 5/4

Default Rhino 5/4 5/19

New dual exhaust and manifold gasket leak fixed, installed a tach and oil temp gauge on the T case ( think I over tightened the sending unit so ordered another to replace) bumper parts came in, attempted to go camping and take the buggy for a ride but plans changed and ended up not going but camped in the driveway anyway. Too nice of a night to pass up. Need a thicker pad, my shoulders are so wore out they don't do hard beds well, but other than that, I like what we have done so far. She pulls the buggy well but future Dana 70 and 4:56 will be lots of improvement. Current 3400 rpm @ 60 mph with the 37" tall tires.

Project Rhino 5/4

Default Rhino 5/4 5/20

My work area is currently a swamp so can't really work on bumper fab so started playing with the rattle can to see how I want the outside to end up. The front clip and hood are beat up pretty bad and will be my test and have good ones from a donor vehicle. Thinking I will stay with the black hood thing I have going on with my other trucks just need to see what looks best with the body lines.

Project Rhino 5/4

Default Rhino 5/4 5-24

Not a lot done this weekend as the rain continues. Did get started on can rack hinge plate and made a night light out of the black out light for the boys room. Working on can rack cut out design with my cad buddy and found a temporary spot for my propane tank and found a permanent one that may fit perfectly. Boys coming Thursday and planning on our first camping trip this weekend.

Project Rhino 5/4