Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What are those tires?

If I wana put 44" or 46" in my truck, what kind of lift kit should I use? Or what should I do?

Spring over axle (SOA) then an extra 4 -6 inches of lift on top of that.
    I am putting 42's on mine. mine is an SOA with 2 extra inches of lift.

If you are looking for used military michelin XZL's, it is almost impossible to find 44's. 46's seem to be pretty common Michelin XZL 395/85R20.

be careful going over 38,s and it becomes a axle shaft breaker plus going 42 and up you,ll need a ladder to get in it and check your local laws for bumper height laws.

Quote Originally Posted by md1970 View Post
    Its easy to spot rockwells, it could be that spicergear fellas truck from pa I think
    Yep, that's it. There should be stuff in the Archives in the Modified Section about it somewhere. Don't know if he still has it or not. I think last I heard he was into Unimogs now. But I can't say that with any authority.

Yes, that is Velvet. Tom ran the truck in the 2005 TTC. Lots of pictures and info about it in their site. The Zone crashed and all data was lost between then and now though.

I had lunch with Tom back in December. He has sold Velvet a few years ago. However, from that picture and the orange TTC shirt of the driver. I think it is a picture from 2005.

I took lots of picture when we were all together at LBL in 2004. He had smaller tires then, 42, but you can get the idea. What do you want to see?
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw