Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is this M715 truck and M715 trailer worth?

Default What is this M715 truck and M715 trailer worth?

I have the opportunity to buy this M715 and matching trailer. The owner has a clear title for the truck. The truck has not run or moved in 35 years and has been stored outside that entire time. The trailer hasn't moved in 35 years either, and is missing its axle. Truck has been converted to 12 volt and has AMC 258 engine - doesn't run. The front axle is missing shafts so an extra complete front axle comes with the truck. The ring and pinion appear rust pitted though, plus its a closed knuckle axle. Ring & pinion likely needs replaced on "new" front axle? I'm guessing the rear differential will be in the same shape. Trans and transfer case are original - unknown condition after 35 years of sitting. Roof has rust holes on one side. Rocker panels both need replaced. Floor appears good. Bed appears good. Front pass fender has minor damage. Does have both seats, fuel tank, and 4 wheels with dry rotted tires that hold enough air to get it on a trailer. Although it will need loaded on trailer with fork lift because of the front axle issue. Loading/unloading the trailer is not an issue for me though.

I'm new to the M715 work and appreciate your advice on price! Thank you!

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

More pictures

Well, to find not one, but two tail gates is worth something! I had to make mine from scratch!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ha! I've heard those are tough to come by! Any thoughts on the value of those tailgates?

The tailgates are probably worth anywhere from $300 to $500 depending on condition. I always keep my eye out for them and buy them if the price is right. Just my opinion though, I’ve seen people ask over $1000 and one guy only wanted $50 for one I bought. I didn’t feel right about basically stealing it from him and paid $250. Again this is just my opinion and they’re worth what someone is willing to pay.

Thanks for the info on the tailgates, that's good info to know. Any guesses at total value for the truck and trailer combo?

Its hard to put a number on it from pictures, but I'll try to give a little help. When I bought mine and it was in running condition and drivable, albeit not road safe at all. This cab looks to be in better shape than mine was, but overall the body is about the same. Mine also need much more frame repair than I was anticipating. I see that he has it listed on CL and see his asking price and I think he's asking too much. I paid $1200 for mine and countless hours of getting it on the road. Again this is just my opinion and I've only been in the M715 game for about 4 years so take it for what its worth. I do like those tailgates though...
    Last edited by eightydeuce; November 7th, 2020 at 08:23 AM.

Yep, I've been talking back and forth with the guy for 2 weeks now trying to get a better idea of the condition of the truck. I appreciate your feedback and insight. With the body and frame maybe (hopefully) in slightly better condition, plus decent tailgates, and a trailer (that needs an axle), maybe $2000 is the top end of the value.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Just read your post again and realize you said your truck WAS running and driving.....I'm thinking my top dollar just came down again.

Default What is this M715 truck and M715 trailer worth?

I paid $4k (USD) for mine. 100% complete (minus tailgate) and zero rust. I thought it was fair for the condition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Scassidy; November 6th, 2020 at 09:25 AM.