Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Second Iteration

Thought some of you may like this. My buddy who shares the shop with me picked it up friday, well we went to NH to pick it up. It's a 67 rover 109 series II military. Very, very clean. Runs and drives so I think his plan is to give it a tuneup, deal with the body work and running gear while he putts around on the stock drivetrain, then put together a 4bt swap for next year.

pretty cool, where in NH? always liked that style rover

Got it from a gentleman in Alexandria

Aww, it's so cute! I learned to drive in a 67 series II 88.

Head went to the machine shop today, should have it back tomorrow afternoon or Friday depending on how it checks out.

Got the head back yesterday but didn't have time to do anything with it until this evening.

Put the head back on, new Cometic gasket, ARP headstuds, thermostat, a bunch of little nit picky stuff, adjusted the valves.

Going to try to get some hardware tomorrow and continue getting the engine buttoned up. Still need to order injectors but I know what I'm going to get just need to pull the trigger on that.

Looks good.

Thank you, still waiting on parts here. Ordered the injectors last weekend and have been ordering some small parts here and there, oil dipstick tube, taps to chase all the manifold threads and new hardware for that.

Also did run to VT today to drag home this FSJ. It'll be in the shop for the next few weeks until we get it back on the road. 88 Grand wagoneer, super clean no rust except for some surface rust on the lower rear wheel well arcs but only superficial. Runs, but has had the wiring hacked by some moron. Front brakes and axle were disconnected at some point and not put back in properly.

It'll be getting all new brakes, a 4 in lift, and 33in ATs then a basic tuneup and some functionality before you guessed it, a 4bt swap next year during the winter maybe if my buddy can find a good deal on one before then to rebuild. I had one a few years ago and the wagoneers will always strike a chord with me.

Was that the one on Craigs needing a front brake line?

Nice looking rig.

Quote Originally Posted by sxp View Post
    Was that the one on Craigs needing a front brake line?

Nice looking rig.
    I see I'm not the only one who monitors CL regularly! Yep that's the one. By front brake line he meant someone pulled the front axle out and never put it back in so sway bar links/shocks were torched. Springs held in with bolts but no nuts, 3 u bolts holding the axle in loosely. In any case got it for the right price considering we planned on replacing all the suspension anyways.

Motor sounds strong but may have some overheating issues, someone jammed an electric fan in between the AC condenser and Rad for no apparent reason. Also has a fresh waterpump and rad so hopefully it solved the issue and the fans were a bandaid but who knows, I'll investigate it more once I get it rolling again and outside, worst case the motor gets pulled and the 4bt project gets moved forward sooner than anticipated. Lift/tires/brakes were all ordered today so hopefully next week for that stuff to go on. Oh and that lightbar on top really exemplifies some of the wiring on the rig.... each light has its own feed coming through the roof, then it's grounded through the aluminum light bar and grounded to the cab with 1/0 gauge Monster brand fine strand cable also going through another hole in the roof and brought to the front kick panel where it was secured with a lag bolt......

As far as the M715, injectors are supposed to arrive friday, all my hardware is here for the drivetrain mounts. Still waiting on some tabs I ordered December 10th from Ballistic so they'll be getting a call tomorrow.

Did snag some NOS front shackles from ebay and have bushings coming through NAPA tomorrow so I may tear into that before I drag it out for welding.