Thread: Help needed. Advice on axles for swap

Default Help needed. Advice on axles for swap

This is a Dana 60 and 70 from an 87 k30 dually. The front wheel Mount surface measurement is about 77 in and the rear is about 74. Will these axles work good for a swap understanding I will have to move perches I think on both axles

Supposedly it has 410 gears in them and maybe some type of limited slip or Locker in the rear 70. Or the bolt conditions of the kingpins something to be extremely concerned about or does it makes sense that I'd be able to get those out and replace them.

The axle tubes also measure 4 inches

The guy wants $900 for the set

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

The rear axle may be too narrow to fit between the leaf springs.

For the front, are you going spring over or under?

The rear is 55 inches wide between the backing plates and my stock leaf springs are 53 imches outside edge to outside edge and they seem only about an inch from the backing plates so it seems like it would duplicate the current spacing. Would it be unlikely that a large tire such as 40" would stick inward past the backing plates to where it would hit the springs? I have also read about changing the dually hub on the 70 to a SRW hub and it makes the axle wider but that would not move the backing plates i assume. The WMS to WMS measurement is 74
    roughly.
    For the front, i am probably looking at going spring over and from the rough measurement i took it looks like the cast perch on passenger side of diff wont be used at all and will add perch to tube on passenger side of diff and move the one on the driver side.