Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Canvas top vs. vinyl top

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Canvas top vs. vinyl top

New member here, long time lurker first time poster. I picked myself up a 67
    M715 awhile back and its needing a top. I've Googled and searched and I'm not coming up with much information or pictures of M715's with a vinyl top. I called Beachwood Canvas and inquired about both of there tops in canvas and vinyl ripstop (what is vinyl ripstop?). By the time you upgrade it with the roll up back window your looking at $750 and I'm just not sure I want to spend that kind of money for a top.

Does anyone else make a top in vinyl?
    Does Surplus Jeeps offer a rollup back window for there canvas top? Vinyl?
    Thoughts and opinions appreciated.

Thanks

I got mine from New Life Canvas. I chose the synthetic canvas and had it made in black to go with my theme and also had them add a roll up back window. It was $495. Haven’t had it on the truck yet, but looks great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's a pic of the current vinyl top. It appears to have been made at a local shop somewhere and was bright yellow when new.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

here’s the top from New Life Canvas just draped over my truck.

Quote Originally Posted by Scassidy View Post
    here’s the top from New Life Canvas just draped over my truck.

That black looks pretty sharp!!!
    What is synthetic canvas?

I have read that she does good work, but there's alot of unhappy people about her turnaround time and even a few people who never even recieved there tops.

How recently did you order from her and how long did it take?

Quote Originally Posted by 78FordF150 View Post
    That black looks pretty sharp!!!
    What is synthetic canvas?

I have read that she does good work, but there's alot of unhappy people about her turnaround time and even a few people who never even recieved there tops.

How recently did you order from her and how long did it take?

I just got it in Dec. it was maybe 3 weeks turnaround... She explained the difference between the materials to me but I forget now. Was also very up front in telling me that it could fade some (I’m not worried because she’s going to stay in the garage when not driven). They threw in some matching tailgate chain covers for free too...

Quote Originally Posted by Scassidy View Post
    I just got it in Dec. it was maybe 3 weeks turnaround... She explained the difference between the materials to me but I forget now. Was also very up front in telling me that it could fade some (I’m not worried because she’s going to stay in the garage when not driven). They threw in some matching tailgate chain covers for free too...

Well I guess she was working on yours instead of mine then because I ordered October and finally shipped this week. Should be here monday. That's 4 months... Good thing I am not in a rush. Monday is my birthday so looks like its a bday present. lol

Got any pics? Need a top for my rig also.

I recieved my samples this morning from Beachwood Canvas, I like the feel of the ripstop vinyl over the canvas.

Something to think about with vinyl: if it's cold out and you have to put the top back on your truck, you're likely going to have a fight on your hands. Add the need to hurry to the scenario...

You get the picture.

DAMHIK.