Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Brute! Is this like the M715 stock jack?

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

Default Brute! Is this like the M715 stock jack?

In another thread a few days back there was some discussion about a stock jack for an M715 and Jon, you described one you'd seen. Look anything like the two pictured here?:

These are house moving jacks, as I was told, but I suspect they are probably more like old equipment jacks as they look smaller than the old house jacks I have seen in the past. Most of those were about 24 inches tall or better. These are 12 inch high bodies, and the threads will go up to about 22 inches of total height.
    "Free advice is worth what you pay for it."™

Not really...Binford posted a pic of one in another thread:

I'm not Brute, but I'll jump in here anyway. Those are not very similar to the stock M715 jack, but those two are neat old jacks.

I think Binford has an original jack. At least he has portrayed it to be an original, and I'm either convinced it is or have been coerced into believing a false statement of authenticity.

That's the picture I've seen of the original posted above.
    Last edited by MarknessMonster; May 19th, 2008 at 06:27 PM. Reason: Post submitted too late to beat the picture posted in #2

I know the one Binford shows is correct...I had a chance to buy one in a package, sealed, that stated the FSN and all...I wish I had...

I see! That has a rachet assembly on it. I have seen one of those somewhere, just wish I could remember where.....

Randyscycle I have two of those old house jacks laying around my house they are strong as hell. I used them with a couple 6x6's to jack my house up so I could put in a fixed pole.

the one thats is orignal, how do u operate the rachet, im sure not by hand so what tool does it take
    68 M-715 MVPA #2710

Quote Originally Posted by pghjeeper View Post
    Randyscycle I have two of those old house jacks laying around my house they are strong as hell. I used them with a couple 6x6's to jack my house up so I could put in a fixed pole.
    I know what you mean, I have used these to jack up all kinds of heavy stuff. They don't have a weight rating cast on them, but they will lift a Caterpillar D3 track off the ground!

On the stock M715 jack, I'd assume you'd use the tire iron/lug wrench handle to operate the ratchet.....

And I didn't get the lug wrench handle with the jack, so that's all I have of it.
    -- Tim Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by brute4c View Post
    Not really...Binford posted a pic of one in another thread:

Hello Jon,
    Do you still have the photo of this original M715 Jack?
    Thanks!
    Mike
    Last edited by BlessedM715; January 24th, 2010 at 03:27 PM. Reason: miss spell.
    BlessedM715

John 15:13
    Greater love has no one than this, That he lay down his life for his friends...