Quote Originally Posted by teberhard View Post
Well here we go... I passed on the m1008. it was just more then I wanted to spend on a 6.2 swap especially when a mechanic I know came across a good running 85 chevy van with a 6.2/700r4 combo. He said if you can pull it you can have it. He told me they are a pain to pull from those vans and he was right. Luckily it didn't have to go back in so out came the torches and sawzall and pulled it this weekend. Ordered novak engine mounts(more as a time saver then anything else).

Going to pull the tornado/t98 this weekend and begin the prep work.

Biggest questions now are the wiring for the 6.2 and the glow pug system. Also, the driveshaft from 700r4 to np200.

Glow plug system I would begin to source/research a manual override/relay system. Simple to install and you no longer have the "glow plug controller/card/fail issues.

AKA You'll push and hold a momentary button switch on the dash for 10 seconds prior to starting... let said button go... turn key to start... VIOLA party on.

I believe the military crowd calls in the Doghead Relay for the m1008.

Driveshaft to np200 will just be an extremely short shaft. measure and contact local driveshaft manufacturer... done.

700r4 while not a towing transmission... the overdrive will save that 6.2 from demise.... good choice.